What would you expect from a relaxing weekend break in a country hotel?

For 120-150 kind of pricing, I do expect very high quality, and almost really really good customer service ? Telling you what is going on in the hotel, as well as the reasons "why" they cannot meet customer expectation is certainly NOT something I expected from a decent hotel.

I don't know what else to say, but except that, maybe next time, follow the AA or other Star rating systems which are more stringent.

Manor house renovated into luxury means to me "new at this game", and not really established their working dynamics yet.

I can only suggest that you write some form of complaint letter to explain the details or areas of concern and so forth to see what they say. Cos surely, they should know better than this at this kind of high-end of the market. 120-150 in country locations are fairly high-end to me. If you look at some of the SLH site and so forth, you do get some very decent quality places...

If you pay cheap, you get cheap.:)

I don't think £270 for 2 nights is cheap. We have stayed in brilliant hotels for less than that price. I suppose it all depends on the depth of your pocket anyway, what is expensive for one, may be cheap for someone else.

Regards

Phil*

We did mention the inability to dine in a HOTEL was not really acceptable when we tried to book a table shortly after we arrived. But perhaps the most disappointing aspect was the management were surprised when we decided to check out early.

To be fair they were very apologetic and discounted the bill. They also gave us some of their home produced honey and preserves as well as a large bouquet of flowers (no doubt left over from the wedding)

But this hardly compensated for 8 hours of driving to what turned out to be nothing more than B&B accommodation.

The hotel was 4 star and came highly recommended on Trip Advisor, and we have added our comments on that media.

It is sad that the English service sector seems not to grasp that letting folks down only advantages the European competition. I’m sure that many foreign visitors would not darken our shores again if they experienced similar disappointment.

It wasn't a Hall that happens to be in Hassop in Derbyshire was it?

If so, you have my greatest sympathy. One of the worst places I've ever stayed!

No not Hassop Hall (a 4 hour drive?). I've never stayed there as my best friend lives about 300 yards from the place, so there is always a much cheaper option. But I have eaten there many times and have never been disappointed.

We booked 3 nights over a weekend in a posh hotel. When we arrived we were told that a wedding had been booked that w/end but they had booked us into another one a mile or so away.

The next hotel was way above the one we had originally booked and there was no extra charge.

You should get your money back.............broken contract.

Archived