Sheffield constituencies- changes proposed

t020

Originally posted by Andy

1 - Wasn't this in Hillsborough constituency?

Yes I believe so

2 - Wasn't this in Central constituency?

I believe it was in Hallam

3 - This is the new name for Darnall constituency, is it?

Yes, but it used to be called Attercliffe, not Darnall

Cheers, Santa!

Best dust the Christmas lights off - :D

Originally written by Max: "There is no longer a Hallam ward, that went in the re-organisation of ward boundaries earlier this year. Bradway is now partly in Beauchief & Greenhill and partly in Dore & Totley wards."

Yes, this is similar to there being a Heeley ward, but now it is only a constituency - Heeley district I believe is in the Graves Park or Gleadlees Valley ward.

:)

Originally posted by Paddy123

So is part of Sheffield going to become part of Barnsley?

No, this is *constitiuency* boundaries only. A constituency that contains parts of Sheffield and pats of Barnsley no more puts all of that constituency in one district that the fact that the current Barnsley East constituency containing parts of Rotherham MBC means that that bit of Barnsley East constituency is in Barnsley.

Originally posted by kentboy119

1 - Wasn't this in Hillsborough constituency?

All the old Walkley was in Hillsborough Constituency. Most of the new Walkley is in the current Hillsborough Constituency, about a third is in Central and about 10% is in Brightside.

2 - Wasn't this in Central constituency?

The new Crookes ward is the first ever of that name. Most of it is in the current Hallam Constituenct, about a third is in Central and about 10% is in Hillsborough.

3 - This is the new name for Darnall constituency, is it?

There isn't a Darnall Constituency, there's a Darnall Ward. All the old Darnall ward was in the current Attercliffe Constituency. Most of the new Darnall ward is in the current Attercliffe Constituency, about 15% is in central. The new Darnall ward will end up in the new Sheffield South East Constituency.

--

JGH

Originally posted by jgharston

All the old Walkley was in Hillsborough Constituency. Most of the new Walkley is in the current Hillsborough Constituency, about a third is in Central and about 10% is in Brightside.

The new Crookes ward is the first ever of that name. Most of it is in the current Hallam Constituenct, about a third is in Central and about 10% is in Hillsborough.

There isn't a Darnall Constituency, there's a Darnall Ward. All the old Darnall ward was in the current Attercliffe Constituency. Most of the new Darnall ward is in the current Attercliffe Constituency, about 15% is in central. The new Darnall ward will end up in the new Sheffield South East Constituency.

--

JGH

Ah - clear as mud now. Surely Hallam (constit.) residents do not like having Crookes in Hallam, as, as nice as it is, most of its resident are Independent-reading-long-shaggy-hair-students? (Who will not vote Conservative.)

Cheers, ;)

Originally posted by kentboy119

Ah - clear as mud now. Surely Hallam (constit.) residents do not like having Crookes in Hallam, as, as nice as it is, most of its resident are Independent-reading-long-shaggy-hair-students? (Who will not vote Conservative.)

Cheers, ;)

About a third of the Crookes Ward is Crosspool; I don't think the proportion of hairy cornflakes there is very high :).

• 3 weeks later...

I've read through the Boundary Commission's report, all 200 pages of it! I have concluded that they have ignored the large amount of evidence presented at the Local Enquiry that Burngreave should be in Sheffield Central and that Stannington should not be in Sheffield Hallam.

I have written up my comments to submit to the Commission as http://mdfs.net/per. Anybody is welcome to quote from it. Comments must be submitted to the Commission before 31st October 2005.

--

JGH

Archived