Incident in Hillsborough 13/9/11

luybell

I was walking through the arcade just after it happened and there was a man just walking through with a staffy he was saying "Good boy" to it as he was walking in and it was jumping up as though it had done something really good!! didnt know what had happened till i got back in2 work and they told me i just missed it!

That "man" should be locked up as he clearly thought it was funny!! I cant blame the dog!!! dogs are what humans make them!! i know people with staffys and they are lovely. the dog will do anything 2 please its owner.

ps i hope the poor dog is ok

Jogon, did the witnesses say that the guy you saw was the same guy and dog?? There are plenty around and it doesn't necessarily mean that it was the same one (though sadly, it wouldn't surprise me).

The fact that this guy was stood by allowing this to happen and the dog off the lead on a road is all you need to prove that it's the owners not the dogs.

Yes, you may hear about lots of staffy attacks, but plenty more dogs bite/attack that don't make the headlines, not to mention the fact that staffies are one of the most popular breeds of dog in ownership at the moment. There's no figures to say what percentage of staffies bite/attack compared to the percentage of other breeds. I suspect that the percentage is lower than many breeds!

At the end of the day, there are more staffies than many other breeds, there are more staffies owned by complete cretins because of their status reputation at the moment (remember, we've had this with GSDs, rotties etc already which now have a much better rep because people have moved on to staffies) so there's little wonder that you hear about these things.

Staffies may well have been bred to fight over the years, but consider this - when they were bred for fighting 'properly' (before the chavs got hold of them and started it in amateur way), there was zero tolerance of any dog that bit a human. The handlers HAD to be able to drag their dog out of the fighting ring mid fight with horrific injuries and so these dogs were, in fact bred to be handled even when high on adrenaline or in pain. No dog that bit his handler would be bred from or even allowed to live.

I honestly despair at people who say dogs are dangerous - I am far more wary of the human race than I am of any breed of dog.

any animal with big teeth and a mouth big enough to get body parts into is a potential danger.

Breeding has a lot to do with a dogs tempriment and build. Why do you think the breeds where crossed in the first place? To achieve the right tempriment and body structure to undertake the work as a guard or hunting dog.

Just that many people keep working/fighting dogs as pets.

Social conditioning might supress or heighten the genetic characteristics of the dog. But the end of the day, its semi wild creature with a big mouth and nasty teeth.

You can never 100% predict an animals future behaviour.

Jogon, did the witnesses say that the guy you saw was the same guy and dog?? There are plenty around and it doesn't necessarily mean that it was the same one (though sadly, it wouldn't surprise me).

The fact that this guy was stood by allowing this to happen and the dog off the lead on a road is all you need to prove that it's the owners not the dogs.

Yes, you may hear about lots of staffy attacks, but plenty more dogs bite/attack that don't make the headlines, not to mention the fact that staffies are one of the most popular breeds of dog in ownership at the moment. There's no figures to say what percentage of staffies bite/attack compared to the percentage of other breeds. I suspect that the percentage is lower than many breeds!

At the end of the day, there are more staffies than many other breeds, there are more staffies owned by complete cretins because of their status reputation at the moment (remember, we've had this with GSDs, rotties etc already which now have a much better rep because people have moved on to staffies) so there's little wonder that you hear about these things.

Staffies may well have been bred to fight over the years, but consider this - when they were bred for fighting 'properly' (before the chavs got hold of them and started it in amateur way), there was zero tolerance of any dog that bit a human. The handlers HAD to be able to drag their dog out of the fighting ring mid fight with horrific injuries and so these dogs were, in fact bred to be handled even when high on adrenaline or in pain. No dog that bit his handler would be bred from or even allowed to live.

I honestly despair at people who say dogs are dangerous - I am far more wary of the human race than I am of any breed of dog.

I have highlighted the claim that such dogs were bred for fighting which is not a good advert,and suggests that such dogs should be kept away from other dogs and the gebneral public unless owned buy an approved handler.I think these dogs are the ugliest animals and although most are goodnatured they can alarm people and cannot be trusted as the savaging of an infant in St Helens testified.

It possibly could be the same dog as in my thread did the owner have very short blonde hair-skin head with tattoos on neck? He had an other dog a staffi to think black and white (all happened so fast hard to remember exact details) the women with him (we think partner) had long black hair and was very short and slim

billy connolly once came out with the perfect description of some pitbull type owners being "tattoed f***witts". sometimes seems apt, you see a lot of em about, seem to be a statement for some people rather than a pet.

Drag the breed into the gutter? I think the breed and their owners manage that by themselves. How many other breeds of dogs have such bad reputations? And how many other breeds tend to be owned by brainless chavs to the extent staffies are?

my poor staffie got attacked by a jack russell, he is really shy around other dogs now, no nastyness in him at all

We went in the hair dressers across the road not long after this happened. The dog that was attacked was a big dog but it was old. A passer by took the injured animal to the vets with its owners. Appearently the dog that was attacked has been attacked before also in Hillsborough.

The dog has facial injuries nose, mouth area and also its ear.

The black Staffy that attack him is always in Hillsborough area and usually off its lead. Our hair dresser told us that the owner of the staffy was punching the dog after the attack.

oh dear!! :roll: its a shame someone didnt punch him!!

Personally i would have kicked the black dog up its arse, from

Experience this unlocks the jaw. Then as the owner had shown no sign of getting his dog off i would have kicked him in his gonads then as he bent forward in agony punched him in the face, probably more than once! Before anyone thinks im pro-violence. Normally im not, ive only ever been involved in violent activity once, and thats was when i women kicked my puppy.

Archived