Court fine payments

Won't go too far into detail, but basically my OH and his cousin have a court fine of £200 each.

The court send all his cousins correspondence to us for some reason, despite him having a totally different address. I've been paying online for him, and as their first names both start with L, and they have the same surname, I've opened the wrong letter with account number, and I've been paying into the wrong account by card every week.

OH has just had a bailiffs letter from Philip's saying he now owes them £275 for not paying his fine as agreed. I've looked into all the paper work properly and found that I've been paying into the wrong account, numbers are identical apart from one ends in M and the other in U. The only difference between the letters is that one is paid at £20 per week and one is paid at £25 - Which you find half way down the page. The rest is identical, and I shouldn't even be getting both!

I've got bank statements to show the weekly payments coming from my card, and I've got the dates written down of what I've paid and when. OH's cousin is willing to say the payments going into the account on these days were not made by him.

Whats the chances of them sorting this out? I'm guessing they'll shrug it off now its been transferred to Philip's? It is ultimately the courts's fault IMO for sending the cousin's letters here when he lives miles away...

Hes just come in and opened this letter from Philip's and its first we knew of it. Funny thing is, his cousin didn't pay his for a few weeks and they didn't say anything, no wonder - I was paying it! :hihi:

Will get onto them tomorrow, but I'm guessing once its gone to Philips, they'll say they can't do anything anymore

OH's cousin is willing to say the payments going into the account on these days were not made by him.

Why bother?

Why doesn't he just give you the money that you have been paying into the court for him by mistake, and use it to get up to date with your OH's payments.

Then everyone is happy!

John X

Because he now has to pay Philip's £375 in full in the next 7 days rather than his £200 fine :hihi:

Response from court - Ring Doncaster (as per the letter): "You need to ring Leeds"... Leeds: "You need to ring Sheffield"... Sheffiield: "We've got the right addresses, Doncaster should be sorting it out"... Doncaster: "You need to forward proof of payment to Leeds"..

OH: "Sod it, I'm goo'in fishin" :)

So thats no luck as of yet, although they haven't tried to tell him they can't do anything.

Because he now has to pay Philip's £375 in full in the next 7 days rather than his £200 fine :hihi:

I would ignore Phillips and deal with the court directly.

Phillips can't actually do anything other than send threatening letters especially as you are dealing directly with the court at the moment.

Good Luck

John X

Archived