Raoul Moat - The truth - at last!!

In that case we can also say he may have been getting ready to put the gun down and surrender himself. We will never know.

Considering one of the most recently released images shows a noose rigged up in Moats loft, it is my belief that he intended to kill himself at the end anyway, it just so happens that he decided to do it under full glare of news cameras etc. I know someone who knew him, says he was salt of the earth all round good guy and he can't believe he went bad, looking on his past I,d say he was a wrong un from an early age and he did the world a favour - such a shame it was at such a high cost to those he killed and maimed.

If one of my loved ones commits multiple murders and still has a gun in his hand, I might well be the person killing him.

Well said!

The police were authorised to use the level of force that they did (which was quite restrained I might add). I'd advocate a copper using whatever means necessary to bring down a murderous scumbag such as Moat ..... If the tazers weren't standard issue then I couldn't care less.

Moat showed what a cowardly rodent he was by taking his own life and in all honesty, he should have done it years ago.

Nobody killed him, he topped himself.

And if one of my loved ones goes around shooting people, the only sympathy I would have will be for the victims families.

What is it with all this folk hero crap?

I don't see him as a folk hero. Merely seeking clarification of your position old chap what what what.

Well said!

The police were authorised to use the level of force that they did (which was quite restrained I might add). I'd advocate a copper using whatever means necessary to bring down a murderous scumbag such as Moat ..... If the tazers weren't standard issue then I couldn't care less.

Moat showed what a cowardly rodent he was by taking his own life and in all honesty, he should have done it years ago.

Yes the police were authorised to use the level of force, just not the weapon they actually did use.

I'm not sticking up for Moat here. I'd have preferred it if a sniper had taken him out much earlier with a single shot. All i am doing is questioning why the police were using the weaponry they did.

Yes the police were authorised to use the level of force, just not the weapon they actually did use.

I'm not sticking up for Moat here. I'd have preferred it if a sniper had taken him out much earlier with a single shot. All i am doing is questioning why the police were using the weaponry they did.

I gather it was because, at that point, they considered it worth risking whatever they had to hand in an attempt to get him to drop the gun.

Frankly, I'm inclined to think they were right, but I haven't read every single detail on the story. I don't know why an unauthorised taser was on the scene to begin with; that question would bear answering, but maybe it already has been answered. Given that it was there, I see no reason for them not to use it if it was their only hope of dropping Moat without he or anyone else being killed.

Archived