Raoul Moat - The truth - at last!!

You're right, they should have just shot him with a gun.

If there's any chance of disarming someone without killing them, you're supposed to take it.

The police officer at the scene considered that using his taser, unauthorised version though it was, had some chance of bringing the siege to an end without killing Moat. As it turned out, it failed to do so, but that doesn't prove that it could not possibly have done so.

If there's any chance of disarming someone without killing them, you're supposed to take it.

The police officer at the scene considered that using his taser, unauthorised version though it was, had some chance of bringing the siege to an end without killing Moat. As it turned out, it failed to do so, but that doesn't prove that it could not possibly have done so.

I agree but as far as I'm concerned, anyone with a gun in public deserves to die, even if it can be avoided. Hand wringing about a taser being illegal is just boringly laughable, even Shakrabati has not jumped on it! The police would have been perfectly within their rights to simply shoot him dead with a gun, people should be thankful that in Britain the police were prepared to avoid killing him rather than whingeing that in attempting to do so they used an illegal weapon.

I agree but as far as I'm concerned, anyone with a gun in public deserves to die, even if it can be avoided. Hand wringing about a taser being illegal is just boringly laughable, even Shakrabati has not jumped on it! The police would have been perfectly within their rights to simply shoot him dead with a gun, people should be thankful that in Britain the police were prepared to avoid killing him rather than whingeing that in attempting to do so they used an illegal weapon.

Is anyone whingeing?

I am not. I've never fired a gun in my life. The man I killed just got his head smashed into a wall.
so the man you killed died as a result of a accident/murder. did you serve a sentence for the outcome? do you think you could again be in the situation where someone lost their life?

so the man you killed died as a result of a accident/murder.

Neither of those; justifiable homicide. He was about to slit someone's throat, so I bashed his head into the wall to render him unconscious. I wasn't too bothered about whether or not I also rendered him dead, but I was damn well going to make sure he went down.

He died. There were no charges laid.

It would have been justifiable to shoot Moat stone dead with a police sniper, given that he was waving a loaded gun around; it was, in my view, a better option to try and stun him with an unauthorised taser, but it didn't work. Trying to stun him with an authorised taser, known to work, would have been a better option still; why there was an unauthorised model but no authorised ones, I do not know. That point would bear investigating, if it has not already been.

He had already murdered so he was fair game to be taken out ............. simples.

If he hadnt murdered someone he wouldnt have been shot himself, its as simple as that . Too many people have been finding excuses for Moat ,and pointing the fault at the police.

He was a killer who had an armed shotgun 20 yds away from police officers and refused to put it down , he got what he deserved.

He had already murdered so he was fair game to be taken out ............. simples.

If he hadnt murdered someone he wouldnt have been shot himself, its as simple as that . Too many people have been finding excuses for Moat ,and pointing the fault at the police.

He was a killer who had an armed shotgun 20 yds away from police officers and refused to put it down , he got what he deserved.

Has anyone on here made excuses for him? :huh:

I'm not going to lose any sleep over his demise, another headbanger out of the way, but considering the political climate surrounding the police i thought they should have at least got it right..from a legal perspective. The Police are at their most vulnerable at the moment and you can't but help blaming them for most of their incoming criticism. By using a weapon not approved they really have opened a door for further criticism...that being, do the police comply with the law like you and I or are they unaccountable.

Archived