Maths riddle. Wrecking my head.

Anyone know how to solve this?

You see a shirt for £97, you can't afford it so u borrow £50 from your mum and £50 from your dad which equals £100. You buy the shirt and get £3 change so you give your dad £1 and your mum £1 back and you keep the other pound. So now you owe your mum £49 and dad £49, 49+49 =98 + your £1 =99. Where's the missing £1?

Hang on ... so you've got a quid left, even though one's gone missing?

If you give your ma and pa 50p each of that quid, you then owe them each£48.50. Add that together and it comes to £97 ... you've got nothing left, so where's the £3 gone to!? :huh:

Hang on ... so you've got a quid left, even though one's gone missing?

If you give your ma and pa 50p each of that quid, you then owe them each£48.50. Add that together and it comes to £97 ... you've got nothing left, so where's the £3 gone to!? :huh:

Oh Alco, don't you have any dead bees to count? :hihi:

Yeah six!(wasps) ... I've set up a trust fund for them and given all of them £1 each from a tenner ... I still have £4 left! Shouldn't it be £3? :huh:

:hihi::hihi::hihi:

Sorry, wasps of course, I guess they'll sting you for more than bees would do ;)

The missing pound is irrelevent. The really important question of course is why the hell you are spending £97 on a shirt in the first place when by your own admission you cannot afford it and why your parents are stupid enough to encourage you in this waste of money by lending you £50 each?:loopy:

I might be betraying my ignorance but I'm still not getting it.

£100 in debt. Pay back £2 of the £3 change from the shirt purchase thus decreasing the debt to £98. With £2 of the £3 change now gone that leaves only £1. £98 + £1 = £99

My brain is melting

I might be betraying my ignorance but I'm still not getting it.

£100 in debt. Pay back £2 of the £3 change from the shirt purchase thus decreasing the debt to £98. With £2 of the £3 change now gone that leaves only £1. £98 + £1 = £99

My brain is melting

LOL, why aren't you paying back all of the change? There's the answer!

Archived