Immigrants have children for benefits, says Asian peer

Surprised this has not had a mention here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-14909062

The UK's first female Asian peer has used a debate in the Lords to criticise Pakistani and Bangladeshi families for having too many children.

Baroness Flather suggested people in some minority communities had a large number of children in order to be able to claim more benefits.

The peer, born in Lahore before the partition of India, said the issue did not apply to families of Indian origin.

The cross-bencher said benefit cuts could help to discourage extra births.

Baroness Flather, speaking during a debate on the government's welfare changes, said: "The minority communities in this country, particularly the Pakistanis and the Bangladeshis have a very large number of children and the attraction is the large number of benefits that follow the child.

"Nobody likes to accept that, nobody likes to talk about it because it is supposed to be very politically incorrect."

I'm surprised it's 'news' at all, there are many members of the black and indigenous communities who have children to increase their take from welfare.

Theres a family near me.

8 kids, 6 dogs, 3 cars and not one of the scrubbers works.

All the cars a less than 3 years old and they just got back from hols in the states.

Scrubbers!!!!!!

Theres a family near me.

8 kids, 6 dogs, 3 cars and not one of the scrubbers works.

All the cars a less than 3 years old and they just got back from hols in the states.

Scrubbers!!!!!!

I can certainly believe it MrMoran, although for the purposes of this discussion it might be helpful to tell us what racial/ethnic group you believe they come from.

I'm surprised it's 'news' at all, there are many members of the black and indigenous communities who have children to increase their take from welfare.

Agreed. I even started a thread titled "Britain's most feckless father?"

I posted this as a bit of a joke, fully expecting it to be locked by lunchtime. However, I do believe that on a macro level population growth is the biggest threat to mankind, and on a micro level rewarding feckless people for breeding is detrimental to our overall standard of living.

If we need a licence to drive a car, we should have one to be a parent imho.

I posted this as a bit of a joke, fully expecting it to be locked by lunchtime. However, I do believe that on a macro level population growth is the biggest threat to mankind, and on a micro level rewarding feckless people for breeding is detrimental to our overall standard of living.

I could offer another view qq, for the population explosion problem that awaits all of us, it could well be that people aren't dying early enough, rather than too many being born ;)

Archived