Travellers at Dale Farm in Essex

Do these travellers have the right to stay,

If they can fill in income tax and vat forms for the last 20 years, and they conform to our way of life. That of paying rent, council tax, water rates and income tax and open their sites to regular inspection.

Even then the answer is No !

No! they claim that they are a special case because they are Travellers but they are "liars" because living in the same spot for ten years they are in fact Settlers like the rest of the country...they cannot claim to be travellers when they dont

.....we moved home more than they do yet we cannot claim special status, or build on arable land without planning consent or building control approval or it gets knocked down

"one rule of law for all, applied the same to all"

I can't understand what they are pussy-footing around for. If they are illegal, get them off. If they are legal, let them stay.

Mind you, if they are illegal and moved off, the police/ bailiffs etc. are in for a right battle. They won't go quietly!

No! they claim that they are a special case because they are Travellers but they are "liars" because living in the same spot for ten years they are in fact Settlers like the rest of the country...they cannot claim to be travellers when they dont.....we moved home more than they do yet we cannot claim special status, or build on arable land without planning consent or building control approval or it gets knocked down

"one rule of law for all, applied the same to all"

Yes they can. Travellers is what they are not what they do.

It's an ethnic identity.

Good luck to them. The council needs to get it's finger out and help them find suitable alternative sites.

I am a bit confused.....shouldn't they be called statics as they clearly haven't travelled in 10 years...or am I missing something.

Travellers...as in travel....people who travel :huh:

See my earlier post - traveller is an identity, not a description of what they do.

Yes they can. Travellers is what they are not what they do.

It's an ethnic identity.

Good luck to them. The council needs to get it's finger out and help them find suitable alternative sites.

"One rule of law for all, Applied the same to all" i'm off to buy some cheap arable land and build what i want too

See my earlier post - traveller is an identity, not a description of what they do.

so how else do they describe Dale Farm occupiers? what they do if Traveler's don't travel, then in what sense are they different?

(1) They are law breakers for one, (see planning law)

(2) Always loud and violent and destructive when drunk (Travellers often stay at the hotel where i work and are our worst guests by far, we needed three security men with stab vests and twelve police officers at the last big fat wedding and it started kicking off at 10pm and the trouble ended at 3am when they got sleepy. they poo'd on the sofa in their room and wiped their backsides on the curtains...and this was a family room 2 adults 2 kids and yes i do really hate them at every visit but you cannot discriminate so we have to let them in to cr*p on us )

(3) And they take things from gardens...(see other posts on here)

..many living in the Sheffield could claim to be Traveler's on those qualifications but they are not as bad

no doubt this will be removed again because it contains "facts" dont let the facts spoil your perception....remove the facts

Hey, how come they always want a premier location such as the rural one in Essex.There`s a few acres coming vacant soon at Sellafield, or maybe Douneray in Scotland.

Alternatively, there`s a little Scottish Island called St Kilda that would suit them just nice.

Archived