Travellers at Dale Farm in Essex

Surely this thing could have been nipped in the bud. Handled earlier and with a bit more sensitivity and not allowed to get as far as it did.

They had been given six years notice to move on. They ignored it. They turned down the alternative location and houses the council offered them.

Some were even veterans from another site they'd occupied illegally. So it was hardly a surprise that things went the way they did.

The neighbour was a bit of a nutcase though.

It was very good, I particularly enjoyed the poignancy of the woman putting her possessions in the wheelie bins. Sums up those people to a T!

Would they be council wheelie bins? the council don't collect their wheelie bins do they??

I agree my son works near a green that is visited regularly by travellers; they stay for a couple of weeks before being moved on, they have been seen just quoting down and crapping on the grass. By the time they leave the green is a craphole and probably costs thousands to clean up.

Although some of their building were illegal it would have been better to work with them and come to a solution that would allow them to stay where they were.

I find myself getting very interested in the quoting down of crap and hope that the habit is not infectious.

They had been given six years notice to move on. They ignored it. They turned down the alternative location and houses the council offered them.

Some were even veterans from another site they'd occupied illegally. So it was hardly a surprise that things went the way they did.

The neighbour was a bit of a nutcase though.

That is one thing I couldn't understand, that they had been offered houses but said they didn't want to be tied to bricks and mortar but a lot of them had actually built houses on that site.

Sorry if someone else has already asked this.

I have justed watched the programme that was on the other night, what I dont understand is

1. the part that they say is green belt had a scrap yard on, how can this be green belt?

2. If one side of dale farm have permission to be there, why carnt they live on the other side (which judging by the pictures wasnt a very nice site in the first place)?

3. The guy who wants them all to go who lives next door to dale farm, I dont understand where he is coming from, when only half will be moved, he will still have loss on the value of his house wont he?

I find myself getting very interested in the quoting down of crap and hope that the habit is not infectious.

Sorry you lost me..:) I have no idea what you are trying to say.

I just read my post again, how embarrassing I do understand you now.:D

Archived