My boyfriend - My hero

Last night on BBC1 at 23-30 there was a programne about a young soldier who had lost both legs, an hand and suffered facial injuries. His acceptance of what had happened to him and lack of self pity and positive attitude was inspirational.

His 16/17 year old girlfriend was magnificent in loving and caring for him especially at such a young age.

It was a true story of love and showed what real hardship there is in some peoples lives.

Its hard to write on this subject, saw the program and felt very humble at seeing such courage and love. The wounded should be set up for life by this nation, they should want for nothing. As a thanks and as a way of stopping our elected leaders sending them to Wars too willingly.

I watched this when it was on BBC 3 sometime ago (about 18 months?) I seem to remember at the end of the programme, it said the couple had split up, I haven't watched it this time round (I recorded it) so not sure if they are still separated?

There was 'donation' site at the time of Craigs injury, I sent one and had a Christmas card from him!! I was very thrilled. There was a note in it explaining that he had written it with his right hand, it was a bit allover the place, but he was left handed and had lost his left hand. I have often thought about him over the months. Hope you are doing well Craig, good luck to you.

I watched this when it was on BBC 3 sometime ago (about 18 months?) I seem to remember at the end of the programme, it said the couple had split up, I haven't watched it this time round (I recorded it) so not sure if they are still separated?

There was 'donation' site at the time of Craigs injury, I sent one and had a Christmas card from him!! I was very thrilled. There was a note in it explaining that he had written it with his right hand, it was a bit allover the place, but he was left handed and had lost his left hand. I have often thought about him over the months. Hope you are doing well Craig, good luck to you.

It did say that they were living apart 3 months after the programne was made.

The programne which preceeded it followed a bomb disposal team in Afghanistan where the youngest member of the team lost both lega and an arm.

It did say that they were living apart 3 months after the programne was made.

The programne which preceeded it followed a bomb disposal team in Afghanistan where the youngest member of the team lost both lega and an arm.

i saw that i think it takes the pxxx that the young lad lost both legs and 1 arm and the council put him in a upper floor flat

he lost his limbs for our country and this is how they repay him(nice)

Members of the armed forces who are wounded/disabled whilst doing their duty are not heroes, they are casualties. A hero does something above the call of normal duty, that's why medals are awarded.

I know for a fact that our servicemen and women dislike being called heroes, they just want to do their jobs without being canonised. It's not too long ago that all organised activities within Sheffield city limits, by our armed forces was totally banned by our ultra left wing city council.

Members of the armed forces who are wounded/disabled whilst doing their duty are not heroes, they are casualties. A hero does something above the call of normal duty, that's why medals are awarded.

I know for a fact that our servicemen and women dislike being called heroes, they just want to do their jobs without being canonised. It's not too long ago that all organised activities within Sheffield city limits, by our armed forces was totally banned by our ultra left wing city council.

I think in this case Craig was an hero to Victoria because of the way he had dealt with his injuries and not sunk into self pity.

Archived