Unemployment is now 2.51m

Mecky

Youth unemployment 973000, up 78000.

Unemployment overall is up 80000.

If you remember my thread from the other day, 'the largest manufacturer in the UK is Indian', you might have noticed they employ about 40000 in the UK.

The increase in youth unemployment is about twice the size of entire workforce of the largest manufacturer in the UK.

Where will jobs come from, when only a few men are needed to do the work?

what about the people who don't want to work, we advertised a job recently and have had very few applicants there are jobs out there (they are posted on here every day) I don't think the government are the only people to blame

This one?

Job type: Permanent

Location of job: S61 1LB

Further details

We are looking for a person with experience of working on diesel plant equipment. Some experience in the plant hire industry would be advantageous. The applicant must have experience of servicing and fault finding diesel engines. This positions is to service and repair our fleet of generators in the yard and out on site.

Apply with CV to.

Power Command Limited

Tenter St, Rotherham S60 1LB

Info@powercommand.co.uk

I'm not being funny, but you don't quote the hours or rate of pay, and you ask for people with experience only. It's quite a specific job.

We have a hell of a lot of young people unemployed and they need to gain experience somehow. Skills aren't being passed on to the youth anymore.

We have colleges they can go to for courses etc and that isn't the only job we have ever advertised we've advertised for office staff and for a lad to work in the yard recently. They aren't specific jobs but still not many takers.

If you don't clearly state the rate of pay, and the number of hours required to be worked in a job advert then it looks highly suspicious to a job seeker.

It's almost as if you have something to hide, or feel ashamed. It appears duplicitous. I wouldn't touch you with a barge pole.

If you don't clearly state the rate of pay, and the number of hours required to be worked in a job advert then it looks highly suspicious to a job seeker.

It's almost as if you have something to hide, or feel ashamed. It appears duplicitous. I wouldn't touch you with a barge pole.

And that is why people are unemployed because jobs are out there but if all the details are not in the advert they can't be bothered to ask what they feel they need to know. The rate of pay would depend on experiance anyway.

And that is why people are unemployed because jobs are out there but if all the details are not in the advert they can't be bothered to ask what they feel they need to know. The rate of pay would depend on experiance anyway.

So why don't you state that the job is unskilled and minimum wage, for at least 39 hours per week? You would be inundated with unemployed applicants.

Please also state that there is no requirement for the successful applicant to speak English.

One way to solve unemployment is to close all comprenshive schools & allow them to be run by companies such as BT, British Gas, Virgin,Aviva,Sky etc who could train up the kids with skills for their companies. This would be more useful than wasting time on learning about Kings & Queens from 400 years ago.

Archived