Unemployment is now 2.51m

Mecky

More good new for the unelected government - enemployed up 80,000 and that's even without the mass public sector cuts, which haven't been made yet. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-14912236.

I told you so, but hey ho

Oh and just for good measure, inflation is up again too.

Labour have just been ousted from power. What else would you expect when the party famed for economic incompetence was running the show.

It'll get sorted and the country will have to drink it's medicine and whine and pule as ever but that's what has to be done. Labour screwup, as usual and the Conservatives sort it and we grow again - as usual.

I'm sorry we haven't no have you tried going on an agencies books its not perminant work but at least they should be able to get you something.

Which tells me that you had enough applicants, just not as many as you may have hoped for.

Don't worry about it. Most of them will be on the Work Program soon and taken off the unemployed list for up to 2 years. Just sweeping the figures under the carpet like many before.

The flagship Tory employment intiative, the Work Programme, is proving to be a huge failure. There is a Radio 4 show about it this Thursday evening, I believe.

The flagship Tory employment intiative, the Work Programme, is proving to be a huge failure. There is a Radio 4 show about it this Thursday evening, I believe.

Tell me about it. I said to Emma Harrison a couple of weeks ago after she had finished spewing her garbage. I also believe it is only a matter of time before the Work Programme leads to it's first suicide.

Tell me about it. I said to Emma Harrison a couple of weeks ago after she had finished spewing her garbage. I also believe it is only a matter of time before the Work Programme leads to it's first suicide.

Is this the same Emma Harrison whose private company in an area of London was given a large amount of funding to get 400 unemployed people into work over the course of a year, but managed to secure jobs for just 19 of them?

She failed under New Labour, looks like she is still failing under the Tories.

Hasn't it only been going for a couple of months?

Yes, and the private companies with the prime contracts for Work Programme delivery are already complaining that they can't possibly make a profit from the current WP model! Many will just walk away, leaving the public and third sector to pick up the pieces...

Archived