Unemployment is now 2.51m

Mecky

Is this the same Emma Harrison whose private company in an area of London was given a large amount of funding to get 400 unemployed people into work over the course of a year, but managed to secure jobs for just 19 of them?

She failed under New Labour, looks like she is still failing under the Tories.

No idea about the London project but it wouldn't surprise me.

I actually asked her what support they (A4e), were going to supply to try and help unemployed people retrain if their particular job sector was flooded. Her reply said it all.....None

She then went on to say A4e would rather them get a job at the lowest scale in a minimum wage job, such as in a supermarket, and then make their way up as the Work Programme is only about 'getting people in to work'.

Good luck trying to find 2.5 million jobs Emma

what about the people who don't want to work, we advertised a job recently and have had very few applicants there are jobs out there (they are posted on here every day) I don't think the government are the only people to blame

Nails?, Make-up?, AVON?, Children's parties? and Florist? Like that bloke whingeing about 'no applicants' for his security products, call-centre, minumum-wage 'jobs' in the news a couple of weeks ago, these are simply not jobs in the accepted sense.

And as for the comments about Harrison and A4e, I thought they'd resurfaced when I read about the 'slaves' being held in the gyppo camp in Leighton Buzzard. Plucked from the dole queue? Incarcerated? Forced to do menial work for next to nothing? Sounds like A4e to me! :hihi:

Archived