I have a cunning plan ( Clegg )

In a speech in London, he said 40 major infrastructure projects, such as Crossrail and new broadband networks, are to be given "priority status".

Ministers would scrutinise 40 key public works, such as broadband roll out, motorway improvements and upgrading the national grid, to prevent hold-ups and "get the money out the door".

Call me a cynic but isn’t spending to create jobs a labour policy?

Call me a cynic but isn’t spending to create jobs a labour policy?

The ConDems have wasted 18 months turning the recovery of the economy the inherited from Labour back into recession, they now don't know which way to turn! - where are all the private sector jobs that they claimed would compensate for the public sector job losses?

The ConDems have wasted 18 months turning the recovery of the economy the inherited from Labour back into recession, they now don't know which way to turn! - where are all the private sector jobs that they claimed would compensate for the public sector job losses?

Sadly, the chance is completely gone now. You can wait for another five or six years for that recovery.

no, its a Keynsian economic policy, something which neither party has properly implemented

So very true. But no government ever does do it properly.

In this case the stimulus applied by Labour was wound out far too quickly. It had to be wound out at some point but whether people like it or not the "too far, too quickly" rhetoric from Labour was pretty much spot on. We exchanged a year of growth for a year of stagnation, falling confidence and weakening fundamentals.

Labour wanted to cut dead wood from public services as well but apply targeted stimulus at the same time, most likely the type of infrastructure projects Clegg now wants to talk about.

Archived