The new Limit nightclub, Eyre Street.

TheWatcher

What do you think to the limit club?  

101 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think to the limit club?

• Like It - You think this is an amazing club
    • Dislike it - Its absolutely terrible

Originally posted by RealFlava

Ask nicely for it? These guys dont know the meaning of the word nicely.

I am the promoter that launched the Monday Sessions night @ Limit. There are too many problems/issues with that club thats why we have relocated it to another venue. Personally I think that is wrong to force people to give their addresses which also looks bad on the promoter of the night even though it wasnt my choice. They are the ones that collected all the addresses even though I was against the idea.

Does not sound good practice at all unless they have some sort of private members club licence only?

Originally posted by fnkysknky

Loads of clubs ask for your details - just give them false ones.

Exactly, I would have thought that was common sense. I have never in my life gave my real address details to a club. :thumbsup:

I think that calling this club The Limit is a bit stupid, because people from outside sheffield are getting all excited that the original Limit is back. I have had many e-mails from people who are thinking of coming to sheffield so they can go to the Limit again and hear the type of music which they heard in the 1980s.

The original limit was a legendary Venue which had many punk alternate and indie gigs and had that kind of music.

This Limit is a place which has nothing to do with the old Limit, and is a bit misleading to call it such. Every time I have been at the door and asked the staff what kind of music? It's always Funky house? I haven't a clue what funky house is but unless it's rock or punk what's the point in going in ?

I bet there is a few people who have paid their money and gone in, only to find that it isn't what they were expecting inside.

Originally posted by Rachel_J

This place used to be called "Berlins" and was closed down by the police 3 years ago because there were all sorts going on with drugs and was a meeting place for all the low life. It was a horrific place and the staff and management were the worst culprits.

I hope it is not going to attract that bad crowd to Sheffield again. Its places like "The Plug" and "Fuel" which has made this area safer, fun and entertaining for all. Please don't bring us back to those dark times.

It will be opening on Friday 25 November, I will sample the atmosphere and let you all know about my opinion.

Sorry my dear correct me if I'm wrong but the new limit did not used to be Berlins, that was the bar next door.

Small mistakes can sometimes cause big problems always check your info first.

Originally posted by johnno

ha ha ha ha! it is rubbish! we were there last mondy was good music and fair few people but club was a loada crap!!!

we aint goin in there again!!

Well johnno, if u r the same johnno I know, people have neva took much notice of u have they, cause u've neva had much of an opinion about anything, everybody is talking about the Limit so lets count u out on this one, and lets see what the Public have to say.

We had a wicked nite on the opening thanks.

Archived