The new Limit nightclub, Eyre Street.

TheWatcher

What do you think to the limit club?  

101 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think to the limit club?

• Like It - You think this is an amazing club
    • Dislike it - Its absolutely terrible

• 2 weeks later...

My better half told me last night that she's heard that Club Europa (Isabella's as was) is going to reopen as the new home of legendary Sheffield watering hole The Limit.

Anybody know if there's any truth in it?

I never got to see the original Limit, it closed just about as I came to Sheffield in 1990, and I don't suppose a new place with just the same name can have the same atmosphere but any new alternativey bars and clubs get the thumbs up from me :thumbsup:

Originally posted by scottf

Whats the lmit? (forgive me- im young), IF that place re-opens it needs a complete refit and its horrible inside at the minute!!

It was a legendary indie club.......a real seedy grotty hole.......but a fan-fcukin-tastic night out. :clap:

Unfortunately it will never be replaced.:(

Originally posted by the_rudeboy

It was a legendary indie club.......a real seedy grotty hole.......but a fan-fcukin-tastic night out. :clap:

Unfortunately it will never be replaced.:(

The people who will go to the new one will never have been to the original so it will probably work.

The bands that used to play the Limit won't be playing ether, and their modern counterparts wouldn't go near the place. It just sounds like another identikit club that's trying to cash on on past glories. This new one won't be anything like the old one. H&S don't like everyone paddling through urine as they go in these days.

Paul Young won't turn up at the last minute if the League get drunk and forget, and the Clash ain't going in to smash up their set.

Goths won't drink alongside townies and students alongside punks. It's all gone, and a name doesn't bring it back.

There's no way it can even be remotely close to the original Limit in a million years, so don't get too excited. The Limit was 20 years ago - we've all moved on, including the club industry.

Archived