The new Limit nightclub, Eyre Street.

TheWatcher

What do you think to the limit club?  

101 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think to the limit club?

• Like It - You think this is an amazing club
    • Dislike it - Its absolutely terrible

So who is behind this new LIMIT revival? Promoter on the SHeffield scene or an existing club owner?....more info please..

its a curious concept to revive as surely most of that clubbing market now has been taken between the Leadmill, Casbah and Corporation. To make a dent in those areas is going to take one hell of a club!!!!

But if it does not have proper sticky carpets, it AINT gonna work.....

Originally posted by fox20thc

Hey maybe the next revival can be Rebels!:banana:

I was (unfortunately) in Burger King last week with little foxes and found myself pointing out the blacked out and boarded up windows opposite and recalling all those crazy nights.

Unfortunately not at that location. Its a derelict mess inside and the roof has fallen in, wiring all ripped out, smashed toilets, totally trashed its beyond help. Great idea though for another one somewhere else......and one that has not been forgotten.......

Originally posted by goldenfleece

Unfortunately not at that location. Its a derelict mess inside and the roof has fallen in, wiring all ripped out, smashed toilets, totally trashed its beyond help. Great idea though for another one somewhere else......and one that has not been forgotten.......

Maybe Im just getting old and harking back to the good times. Its just that however they try to bring out a club with rebelesque overtones they just can't manage it. Heck there are 70's bars and 80's bars, why cant we just recreate Rebs and even have the bottle bar again!

Fox would love a bar/club which was not filled with pre-pubescent moshers who think life began with slipnot.:clap:

Originally posted by fox20thc

Maybe Im just getting old and harking back to the good times. Its just that however they try to bring out a club with rebelesque overtones they just can't manage it. Heck there are 70's bars and 80's bars, why cant we just recreate Rebs and even have the bottle bar again!

Fox would love a bar/club which was not filled with pre-pubescent moshers who think life began with slipnot.:clap:

I agree with you 100%. Bottle bar...oh heaven! What an 80s concept that was picked up by some other clubs as well and then got forgotten about.

Life indeed did NOT begin with Slipknot....what a HORRRIBLE thought.

Unfortunately any attempt to 're-create' a former club, unless its in the same location, is not really going to be the same. Capturing the spirit of another venue somewhere else is virtually impossible....hence I cant see why the LIMIT revival is going to actually work. If its trying to attract the original LIMIT crowd, it has a very difficult market now as all these people are in there late 30's at LEAST and do not by the very nature of life comitments, etc, go clubbing very often as compared to 16-25 yr olds. A new LIMIT aimed at the younger market, well how is it going to pitch itself? How is it going to usurp the Leadmill, Casbah and Corporation? I cant see it happening but its a brave thing to do.

We are already saturated with nightclubs covering thesame sort of market as the original LIMIT...and if its going to be a new concept, then why actually call it the Limit anyway?

However, I have a cunning plan........

Hi! I have inside info cos its my dad that is re opening it! He had it the first time round n so therefore decided he wanted it again! The opening is on the 25th of Nov so come down! I dnt think its gonna be for slip not fans as we are gonna be playing a lot of funky house music but all types are welcome! Including slipnot fans! holly x

Archived