The new Limit nightclub, Eyre Street.

TheWatcher

What do you think to the limit club?  

101 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think to the limit club?

• Like It - You think this is an amazing club
    • Dislike it - Its absolutely terrible

The 'new' limit is going to be a new concept from the old one! We are just basically trying to create a new good club for Sheffield! My dad isnt trying to re create anything as he owned it in the 80s and u cant re create that era! The music is going to be mainly funky house and so far we havent had any plans to put on any rock. If u need any information Im here! ps the opening is the 25th of Nov n u are all welcome! holly x x x

hi holly i wish you and yer dad all the best, im born n bread in sheffield i think any independent operator in this town deserves a knighthood at least an m.b.e. hurdle after hurdle redtape after redtape and then just when you think it couldnt get anyworse " ITS NOT AS GOOD AS OLD LIMIT IS IT" :loopy: all the very best off luck holly and her dad, sheffield needs more people with that entrepernerial [is that the word ] just like U2 [what a band] :thumbsup:

i wish people would stop putting this new venture down in a way that dismisses it way before its even opened.

any decent addition to the city centre should be welcomed as part of the city's rebirth

however I do agree that with all the funkyhouse playing bars and despite the fact that band music in Sheffield is again on a national profile, its strange that its choosing to be the former instead of the latter. West St. Live is a welcomed addition as a bar and The Plug to be honest is awesome but we need more venues or bars orientated round that way in my opinion. We are the fourth largest city in England and yet we have very few venues.

Shame about the Barfly to be honest, they should get its counterparts in other cities to reopen with all the publicity we're getting at the moment.

I agree with u totally! I sing sometimes with the accoustic angels at the boardwalk but find it difficult to find anywhere where i could go and sing just me on my own in an environment that welcomes everyone not jus well known bands! But we are tryin to giv wot paying customers want and what they want seems to be funky house! x

Are you sure thats not just by looking around and seeing what's successful e.g. gatecrasher and thinking that you'd like a piece of that? As a club it will surely be in direct competition and surely its better to create your own niche (i n the proper use of the word not the club!) rather than go against all the other funkyhouse nights out there - especially when all the students go home and 50 000 people move out the city centre, leaving all these similar places competing over the same relatively small market and leaving all the other demographics without anywhere to go (and the clubs losing all that potential cash)

I wish you all the best and I'll definitely be down to check it out but I wish investors would start taking a look at what Sheffield DOESN'T have and then try to fill that void. It would be so much better to have a choice and diversity in the city centre.

Acoustic angels huh? you got some mp3s somewhere by any chance?

Originally posted by cellarhigh

. We are the fourth largest city in England and yet we have very few venues.

4th largest? You must be joking?

London, Leeds, Manchester, Newcastle, Glasgow, Liverpool, Portsmouth, Cardiff and Edinburgh are all bigger surely and a better night out.

Originally posted by TheWatcher

4th largest? You must be joking?

London, Leeds, Manchester, Newcastle, Glasgow, Liverpool, Portsmouth, Cardiff and Edinburgh are all bigger surely and a better night out.

Thats a pretty ignorant response. For a start they mentioned '4th largest in England' yet you quote Glasgow, Cardiff & Edinburgh.

And yes, Sheffield IS the 4th largest city in England

Sheffield

Originally posted by senwar

And yes, Sheffield IS the 4th largest city in England

Yes this it true and reguarly debated on this forum.

The other larger cities in England are

1) London

2) Birmingham

3) Leeds

The city of Manchester is smaller than Sheffield because that counts only the centre of the manchester area. Of the whole of the greater manchester area, a large proportion of the population live in annexed cities and towns e.g. Oldham, Stockport, salford etc..

Originally posted by cellarhigh

rather than go against all the other funkyhouse nights out there - especially when all the students go home and 50 000 people move out the city centre,

I have been told that the New Limit is not going to be aimed at students but sheffield people, because they feel that there are too many clubs aimed at students in this city, they are aiming for bands to be on in the new year, and Paul from the original Limit will be DJing.

Also it will be a club rather than a late bar. Which I read as meaning, doors opening more like 10 or 11 PM

Not it isnt gonna b a late bar its gonna be a club from 10 til the early hours! Fair comment about the students leaving but as a teenage clubber myself we dnt go for places that r busy we go for the music n at the moment it is funky house! I can totally see wot ur sayin n maybe in a few months we will hav to adjust but so far its lookin good! x

Archived