The new Limit nightclub, Eyre Street.

TheWatcher

What do you think to the limit club?  

101 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think to the limit club?

• Like It - You think this is an amazing club
    • Dislike it - Its absolutely terrible

This place used to be called "Berlins" and was closed down by the police 3 years ago because there were all sorts going on with drugs and was a meeting place for all the low life. It was a horrific place and the staff and management were the worst culprits.

I hope it is not going to attract that bad crowd to Sheffield again. Its places like "The Plug" and "Fuel" which has made this area safer, fun and entertaining for all. Please don't bring us back to those dark times.

It will be opening on Friday 25 November, I will sample the atmosphere and let you all know about my opinion.

It didn't used to be called Berlins - what was Berlins is now Fuel. The Limit is what used to be Uropa.

Friday and Saturday it's 10pm - 6am and the line ups are:

Friday

The Groove Assassin

Paul Unwin

Julie & Bennett plus band

Paul Metcalfe

Nesreen Shah live vocalist

Live percussionist

DJ Stan

Saturday

Dan Metcalfe

Pete Simpson live vocalist

Live percussionist

DJ Stan

Originally posted by Rachel_J

This place used to be called "Berlins" and was closed down by the police 3 years ago because there were all sorts going on with drugs and was a meeting place for all the low life. It was a horrific place and the staff and management were the worst culprits.

Where do you get your information from?

Berlins ( as Purple ) had been attracting younger and younger drinkers for many years and they had to put a stop to it after much talk about 13 year old girls getting served, and a woman storming in and frogmarching her little daughter out of the place and back home to bed.

The prime minister visited their new higher security regime and everyone patted themselves on the back at what a great success it all was.

But guess what, nobody went after that, the place had become such a youth club that there was hardly anyone over 18 left who wanted to go in the place and it closed.

Before it was Berlins it was Dingwalls and before that Hoffbrau Haus, and before that it was a supermarket.

The new Limit was previously Uropa, which used to be open until daylight and dizzy looking students could be seen staggering about and laying on the pavement on sunday mornings.

Before that it was Isabellas {1980s}and before that PennyFarthing {1970s}

I think Dingwalls was a long time back, I remember waiting for the bus with my mum outside, and there were still huge fake barrel ends mounted on the side of the building, from the Hoffbrau days. Hoffbrau was a kind of German style drinking place.

When it was Dingwalls I vaguely remember pictures of huge Tucans on the barrel ends. This must have been around 25 years ago appx. 1980.

Archived