Diesel engine flush / additive things, are they worth using?

I have a 2.2 diesel Saaaaaaab, it's done 160k and runs fine. I am getting the oil and filter done and was wondering if these injector cleaner / engine flush / cleaner / additive things are any good? Stuff like BG44K or FORTE diesel, not the ones you use all the time, just at service intervals. Anyone used them? Are they any good?

Cheers

:)

The engine flush and diesel additive are two separate things. If your engine runs fine (which you say it is doing) you might not notice any difference with the diesel additive, although it will be doing its job.

The engine flush is the subject of some debate. Generally speaking it will do your engine good, flushing a lot of the crap out. On some high mileage engines it may actually dislodge gunk from the piston rings etc which is helping to seal the compression.

Personally I'd give it a go, the Forte brand is supposed to be good.

Do not try to fix it if it is not broken.

Give me the money you would spend on these treatments and Ì will wave a chicken foot and feathers around whilst chanting some voodo crap that will make your car go like a 911.

Honest. Ì tried it on my mates Porsche and it worked !

;-)

When I worked for main dealers we always used Forte flush for every service, but as has been stated flushing a high mileage engine can cause issues. The crap that gets flushed can sometimes block up oilways / hydraulic lifters.

If it aint broke don't try to fix it.

Flushes are great if used from the start of a cars life, as they help prevent the build up of crap.

As for most other 'treatments' - snake oil.

Archived