Efes Turkish Restaurant Glossop Road

Sooperdooper

Been to Efes tonight to celebrate my youngest's birthday. I just wanted to let you know how delicious the food is.

I had a mixed kebab which came with rice and salad very very nice and lots of it. A nice cold glass of Efes with it. My other half had a chicken casserole type dish, which he really enjoyed. Eldest went for a chicken kebab which she enjoyed but it defeated her. The little one chose ribs which she declared amazing. We were given complimentary Turkish bread and dips freshly made and yum.

No room for pudding.... So with 3 beers, 3 soft drinks, birthday girl free. £44

I really would recommend it, authentic Turkish food we will be going again :)

There's a Turkish restaurant called Lokanta on Glossop Rd - not the west st end, but further up in Broomhill - is this the one the OP means??? There was a kebab shop called efes on ecclesall rd, but that wasn't a sit down place (although the kebabs were fantastic - not dog meat on a rotating skewer) and of course there is Zeugma on London rd, but very much doubt that this is the one the OP means, as everyone knows this one on account of the number of years it's been there... Hope the OP returns to let us know which restaurant they had a free birthday meal though! Not heard of any offers like that in a while (apart from Damons!)...

Hello Everyone, yep it is definately called Efes (yes after the local Turkish beer, which they sell too yum) and is definately on Glossop Road opposite the old baths. I don't think it has been open very long but it was advertised in the Star last week. The free meal for the birthday person is great too. :)

• 2 months later...
I've eated in the Mangal (now Efes) a few times, and we've always been given some extra, whether drinks, side-dishes, or desserts.

Ditto.

I've always enjoyed my meals there, although after it first opened as Mangal we went there 4 weeks running and by the 4th week the novelty was wearing off.

Now we tend to go once every couple of months and really enjoy it like that.

I usually go for the mixed grill which is a bit of a beastie of a meal but really tasty. Also as the OP has mentioned they provide complimentary bread and dips.

Regards

Doom

• 2 weeks later...

Me and my other half went to Efes last night and had a really lovely meal.

They've got a deal on at the mo, 3 small starters, a soft drink and a main course for £9.99, and even though I suspect the main was probably slightly smaller than a normal main, it was lovely and well worth the money.

I'm not that keen on lamb, but I tried some of my OH's meal (he had some kind of mixed grill/kebab - can't remember the name), and it was really nice (I opted for the chicken myself). The service was really good too, and the manager even donated a prize for a raffle for a local charity that my other half's workplace is running. Even the decor was nice. I can't think of anything bad to say about it! Well, ok, the dessert was so sweet I just couldn't manage it, but that's not a complaint, I'm just a wimp, lol.

Archived