Efes Turkish Restaurant Glossop Road

Sooperdooper

Isn't Efes on West Street? My friend has a hair salon nearby and the salon address is listed as West Street!! I've heard how gorgeous the food is so many times! really need to try it out.

Benj - read my post again and tell me which bit you didn't understand about it and I'll try and explain it to you again.

At some point, roads change names. They have to, otherwise the whole country would live at the same address. Just because your mate's salon is nearby and on West Street doesn't mean that everything near to it is on West Street does it?

West Street and Glossop Road are the same stretch of road - one turns into the other after Fitzwilliam Street. Do you get it, or should I try to explain it again?

We went in here on Saturday night and the food and atmosphere was brilliant, there was even a belly dancer on. Have been before and this was the first time we've seen a belly dancer though, so dont know if it was a special occasion or not. Prices reasonable for town and I would describe the location as very top of West Street (Opposite Swim Inn) but like others have said, it is officially Glossop road :D

My OH and I went to Efes last night. The food was lovely. We had 2 courses each for £27. I can recommend the mixed kebab! The staff were amazing, really friendly and attentive. There was even a Belly dancer which added to the atmosphere. I'd definitely recommend a visit!

Hi,I just had to come to say thankyou for all the great comments.

i am the manager at efes restaurant and i'd just like to clear the confusion about our address and phone number, we are on glossop road number 280 and our phone number is 01142781369. all the accurate information is on our personal site, efesbargrill.co.uk :)

• 1 month later...

I went here on Saturday and had a great evening. Brilliant food, brilliant value and a lovely atmosphere! Would highly recommend it! The Belly dancing at night was a great thing, although I can imagine not to everyones taste!

As there were 4 of us we, split the 2 person meal deal between couples. It costs £27 which got us 3 starters, 2 mains and 2 beers per couple. Overall it cost 4 of us just over £60 for 6 starters, 4 mains, and 8 beers (Efes, of course!)

I will be visiting again, like I said, highly recommended by me!

I think that this is a restaurant still finding its feet a bit, but have high hopes for it.

The service is very friendly and atmosphere welcoming. It's a nice place to eat.

I thought the starters were very tasty, and the mains, of similar quality to Zeugma, but slightly smaller. But I prefer that - with the £27 deal - 3 starters and 2 mains (and a beer each) for 2 people - you don't need huge mains, you get to try more stuff.

A couple of minor niggles - once you've got your food, it's occasionally more difficult to get service - for another drink, desserts, the bill - but I can be pretty brisk in a restaurant so maybe that's my impatience. And negotiating our options as a 3-person dining table once turned into an interesting philosophical discussion, although I felt the resolution was very generous. I get the impression that they really want their customers to go away happy which I like in a restaurant.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived