Friend assaulted on doorstep - Council want to take property!

Talking to a friend last night (the one who was attacked a few weeks ago) and i was shocked at what i was told. Cutting a long story short she was attacked outside her home and her partner got home from work and saw his oh being assaulted so did what anyone else would have done and jumped in between them both to get him off his partner. This bloke then attacked him so he defended himself with a single punch. He then tried to get his oh in the house and away from this animal. Unfortunatly this animals family then attacked her oh so she rang for the police and was shouting at the 999 lady "they are attacking my husband, they are attacking my husband" so they sent the police.

The police arrested HER husband as he had no visible injuries although he was servearly marked around the neck and back and banged him in the cells then interviewed him under caution then bailed him . As if this wasnt enough they have now recieved a threatening letter from the council telling them they are seeking possesion of their home due to an incident that happened. They are to go to an interview next week at the housing office where the police are going to be there for this 'interview'.

Now my friend is really really worried they may lose their home as they have kids but the council are adamant that she and her partner are the trouble causers as the police have rather unproffesionaly spoke about an ongoing case to a 3rd party (their landlord) and dispite the fact its supposed to be innocent until proven guilty they have been told that if he IS convicted they will lose their home that day and even if he ISNT convicted they still wont be able to move home for over a year.

Oh, they were wanting to move home due to what had happened as they both dont feel safe anymore so went to the council to get the ball rolling, started packing and now most of their life is in boxs but now they are either going to be stuck somewhere they dont feel safe of stuck nowhere with no home.

Stinks eh?!

What an eventful life you lead! What with being bullied at work by an Amazon woman and friends being battered on their own doostep.......sounds like you're living in a Coronation Street script. "You couldnt make it up"? Maybe you could!:suspect:

Not my life but ill pass on your message:loopy:

I applaud the council for getting rid of problem causing tennants get them out.

If your friends are the innocent party I'm sure they will be ok but if this incident goes deeper then maybe they are not.

It will make room for a more deserving tennant maybe an asylum seeker and his family.

If your friends are the innocent party I'm sure they will be ok but if this incident goes deeper then maybe they are not.

They are the innnocent party and they arent ok.

What sticks in my neck is who the bloody hell do the council think they are demanding she attends a meeting and demaniding that her oh is there too.

He works and cant take a day off and the council said they will "sentence him in his absence unless he turns up":loopy:

They are the innnocent party and they arent ok.

What sticks in my neck is who the bloody hell do the council think they are demanding she attends a meeting and demaniding that her oh is there too.

The man's been arrested. What on earth do you expect the council to do?

His gripe, insofar as he has one, is with the police. The council are doing exactly what they should do when someone manages to get arrested - they cannot be expected to know whether the police made a wrongful arrest.

The man's been arrested. What on earth do you expect the council to do?

His gripe, insofar as he has one, is with the police. The council are doing exactly what they should do when someone manages to get arrested - they cannot be expected to know whether the police made a wrongful arrest.

Fair comment.

It was a wrongful arrest and will be dealt with accordingly but i cant understand the councils stance.

This man hasent been charged or convicted.

According to the law hes an innocent man.

According to the council hes at risk of losing his home.

Archived