Friend assaulted on doorstep - Council want to take property!

Fair comment.

It was a wrongful arrest and will be dealt with accordingly but i cant understand the councils stance.

Essentially, they won't wait until after a person is convicted before starting their own investigation. They want to be ready to evict him immediately after he is convicted - assuming, of course, that he ever is.

If he's never charged with anything, and based on your reports he won't be, then the council investigation will be dropped fairly quickly.

Essentially, they won't wait until after a person is convicted before starting their own investigation. They want to be ready to evict him immediately after he is convicted - assuming, of course, that he ever is.

If he's never charged with anything, and based on your reports he won't be, then the council investigation will be dropped fairly quickly.

Nice one:thumbsup:

Really?

Are you 100% sure of that cos if you are ill pass it on.

Yes. I used to be a Housing Officer. The council can't just turn up and evict anyone. There's a legal process. They have to take you to court and a judge will decide if the case warrants a Possession Order. Go to the CAB or Housing Aid and they'll represent you in court....

• 3 weeks later...
Yes. I used to be a Housing Officer. The council can't just turn up and evict anyone. There's a legal process. They have to take you to court and a judge will decide if the case warrants a Possession Order. Go to the CAB or Housing Aid and they'll represent you in court....

Just to say that housing aid were very helpful and my friend now feels a little more secure. Obvously with whats been happening things are still a little stressful but they now have some solid advice things dont seem as dark and pointless.

Thanks for your help :)

Just to say that housing aid were very helpful and my friend now feels a little more secure. Obvously with whats been happening things are still a little stressful but they now have some solid advice things dont seem as dark and pointless.

Thanks for your help :)

Ok. I've worked for Sheffield Homes on two occasions. There is good and bad. They'll not consider court I think. Don't be bullied by them, some of them can be a bit thick...:D

Hi

Just read the first page and we will never judge anyone, especiaslly when things are not clear.

however, hopefully this helps the OP. The councils are limp wristed and rarely get anyone out of a council home - to kick someone out, they have to have a long history of serious trouble, fact

hope that helps.

Archived