Photography scam warning

I had written this on another post but though I would start a new one due to the nature:

**A WARNING TO ALL**

I have recently has a call for a last minute booking due to a photographer doing a runner with the couples money.

His operated under a company called Wedding Quick, but after taking the cash the website has gone and his phone is disconnected. If anyone has booked this guy please check it out asap.

• 2 weeks later...

Too many of these photographers back out because they have not got full insurance. You also need to check out independent reviews rather than those just put on a website, this helps and to see examples of a full wedding.

I had a late booking a few months ago -The couple had left it late to find a photographer, had one recommended by someone at work which turned out later to be a boyfriend. He backed out when he couldn't provide evidence of insurance, could only show loose photos of part of a wedding, not even an album and was unable to answer even basic questions on how he was going to plan the photography.

Don't take any chances with the wedding day, for most people they only take place once in a lifetime.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes they got it sorted, I did the wedding on Saturday which was the hottest October day on record, not what I expected when booking an Autumn wedding.

I always invite my clients to my own home to discuss wedding plans at least once during pre-wedding to re-assure the couple.

Yes they got it sorted, I did the wedding on Saturday which was the hottest October day on record, not what I expected when booking an Autumn wedding.

I always invite my clients to my own home to discuss wedding plans at least once during pre-wedding to re-assure the couple.

Thats good news. I am sure they are releived that everything went well. As for the pre wedding meets. I think any photographer should do this especially if booked quite a bit in advance.

It amazes me how many cowboys there are out there, advertising as professional photographers or people who think just by picking up a DSLR camera they can then promote themselves as a wedding photographer.

I always meet with my clients prior to the wedding to plan the itinerary for the day and offer a pre wedding photoshoot with all wedding packages as i like to build up a rapport before the big day.

Archived