PCN ticket for motorbike in motorbike car park Chesterfield

abelly

http://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa378/abelly11/IMAG0075.jpg

My motorbike the silver one first one on the left hand side. Today I parked in Chesterfield car park Old Ship Lane which is designed only for motorbikes. Upon arrival all the bays were full so I had across as shown in the photo behind the 2 other bikes. The 2 bikes were not there when I parked and was 2 different bikes, however once I arrived back I received a ticket from Chesterfield Borough Council but I spoke with the warden who says he works for Park Smarter and has just been ticketing in Sheffield.

He says I was parked beyond bay markings and I was obstructing. The other bikes could get out fine even with the bikes ' obstructing'. I wouldn't normal whinge as this is a different matter.

The fine is for £25 if paid within 14 days then increases to £50. I have never had a parking fine in my life and I am quite annoyed over this. Advice please \ thoughts people?

Enforcement Authority:

Chesterfield Borough Council by civil enforcement officer CEO CG068

OBSERVED FROM 14.35 TO 14.36 CODE 86, PLEASE LOG ONTO PARKSMARTER.ORG.UK,

TO appeal address is The Central Processing Unit, Nottingham, NG15 5BR and says if I do not pay I will receive a NTO.

It had a disk lock on and steering lock and it was also in gear.

And that stops a big brawny lad from picking it up how...?

I mention that as I once had that happen to me and a mate - someone in Sheffield dragged my mates bike onto a set of double yellows and then set his burger van up where my bike was. I didn't know he always parked there every day on "his" spot and he took umbrage at us parking there.

End result was that the police as it were then dropped it as they couldnt prove it either way.

Archived