Front brake pads

Hi i was just wondering if front break pads are easy to fit myself rather than take my car to the garage?

They are easy to fit if you have the right tools. The guy who fitted mine had a tool that pushed the piston cylinders back into place. I pay to get mine fitted because if you ring around you can get it done almost as cheaply as DIY.

And brakes wrongly fitted can cause problems.

They are easy to fit if you have the right tools. The guy who fitted mine had a tool that pushed the piston cylinders back into place. I pay to get mine fitted because if you ring around you can get it done almost as cheaply as DIY.

And brakes wrongly fitted can cause problems.

Yeah ... of course they're easy to fit if as you say, you have the correct tools.

Any doubts ... get a garage to fit them for peace of mind. It's hardly expensive.

depending on your make of car do not attempt to do them yourself unless you are really confident. modern brake system can become air locked if you use the incorrect tool to push the brake calliper piston back. then you will have a bill for a new master cylinder, which could run into hundreds of pounds to replace.

Archived