Sheffield Indian Restaurants / Curry Houses

mikey

Originally posted by willman

not Indian food related but Curry.

Has anybody tried Baan Thai at the end of London Rd & was it any good.

looking for something different for valentines instead of the usual Italians.

Wouldnt call Thai food "curry" but its "foreign" I suppose... anyway....

Baan Thai is good for a night out - teh food is good and you get a sense of occasion as the restuarant is quite large with lots of trimmings

Food wise - I think the Inter Siam further up London rd is better - but not so plush a resturant

My favorite is Ayeshas in Dronfield (next door but one to Fat Sams!)

Stunning inside, decor and furnitures lovely, great service and friendly staff.

Foods is always fresh and delicious, i try to have something different each time i go, they do really nice crispy onion bhajis!

If your too full to eat any more and theres some spare, ask them to doggy bag it up 4 you, there more than happy too! :clap:

-x-

The Clay Oven on Oakbrook Road. It's a bit tucked away but walking distance for me and never disappointing with delightful service. I'd also have to agree with those who said the Mangla, Kahsmir and Elinas. Ashoka is OK but a bit on the expensive side. I love curry!!!

Mangla is the best tasting in my opinion, but I'm not a fan of Spital Hill; for the middle class set going for a meal I have never had a bad curry in Ayesha's on Ecclesall Road, but the portions are small and expensive, but I have to say b****y tasty ........ but my personal favourite for value and taste, is still the Gulshan on the Wicker (especially for after away matches!!). Cheap, cheerful, no bar so a lot less rowdy, the local Bengali and Pakistani community use it a lot, plentiful food and well done. Surroundings are a little, basic, but who cares? It's the food you want.

Admittedly not been down there for ages .........

Luv 'n' peace G xxx

Got to be either the Induz on Attercliffe common or the Mangala on Spital hill. All the others I've tried (and that's quite a lot)range from reasonable to crap in terms of quality and prices.

Never had a bad one from the two named above.

what happened to the Balti Hut that used to be at Hunters Bar - we went on holiday and it disappeared while we were away - it was there about 5 years ago. the guy who ran it was called Zaf and it was a BYO - it was brilliant. Someone out there must know where it went!!!!

The most important thing to take onboard here is NEVER, NEVER EVER eat at The Balti King unless you enjoy being bed ridden for a week with serious food poisoning. They also run the Millennium Take Away in Broomhill, which serves to dispose of left overs from the Balti King- hence the suspiciously cheap prices. I once ordered a chicken Kebab which was actually some random chicken curry in a nan bread- it actually had bits of spinach etc in it!!? They have also had a number of warnings from Enviro Health for mice crap in the kitchens.

Prob no mice crap in the Balti Kng kitchens as they seem to torch the place periodically....

Archived