Sheffield Indian Restaurants / Curry Houses

mikey

Ah cheers for that, didn't see it - I searched on curry rather than Indian - prolly best to delete this thread mods!

I always avoid calling them Indian restaurants because I believe (correct me if I'm wrong here) that a large proportion of them are actually Bangladeshi ?

When I went to Nirmals with some friends Nirmal was really pushy trying to sell us more and more food. We hadn't gone to eat loads, we just wanted a normal sized meal. We were asked if we wanted coffee 4 times! The answer was no btw. She did manage to palm off some mangoes though. I wont be going again, all this made the atmosphere quite oppressive.

A1 Balti-its a takeway or sit in an eat, wicked food nice an warm,wont let u down,try A1 taxis also very reliable.

now aslo couple of doors away check the itlaian restaurant 'la dolce vita' its lovely.

all on abbeydale rd have fun*

Guest Mr BusDriver

Kharns on West Street is always good on a Friday night :)

You know that when you stumble out of the door after 28 pints you don't have to go far for a taxi:D

• 2 months later...

You knew it had to come up at some point didn’t you! Well . . in your honest opinion, where is THE best curry sold? Loads of people I know in Sheffield always rate Mangla on Spital Hill. I’ve been there a few times myself and must admit the taste of lamb bhuna & chicken tikka with pilau rice is impressive. It’s an open kitchen so you can actually see them cooking it fresh. Making me mouth water already!

Archived