Drivers up your back end

I have the right and the legal obligation to drive at the speed i feel appropriate as long as that's below the limit.

Even if you are sat in the middle lane with a empty space to the left? :shakes:

If it’s a single lane , stick to your guns and don’t be intimidated, if it’s a dual carriageway or a motorway just move over and let the others pass.

I'm there driving to the speed limit and to the law and some idiots come up behind you about 10-15mph above the speed limit. They then drive right up your ass to try and make you go faster. I'm not going to go any faster so why do they bother with their little intimidating tactics, these drivers shouldn't have a license.

Do you know anyone who does this? Do you do it yourself? Do people do it to you too?

It just spoils the enjoyment of driving when idiots like these are driving on the road.

what a lot of drivers tend to ignore is that a speed limit is just what it says, it is not a target to aim for.

what a lot of drivers tend to ignore is that a speed limit is just what it says, it is not a target to aim for.

You are however required to make good progress. Driving below the speed limit for no good reason whilst on your driving test will result in you failing that test.

You are however required to make good progress. Driving below the speed limit for no good reason whilst on your driving test will result in you failing that test.

hey, did you actually read the original post?. he said "driving at the limit and within the law" so by my reckoning he is making progress.

This happens to me all the time heading back into Sheffield through Grenoside. I stick to 30 religiously because of a) speed cam in Greno, b) police speed van that often parks near the junction at the top of Halifax Rd (just before it reverts to dual carriageway and changes to 40).

They then pull out as soon as it turns into dual carriageway and fly past glaring, before slamming the brakes on as someone turns right, or they reach the speed cam further up.

If you're one of those people then I'm afraid you can stick it. There is no way I'm going to risk 3 points for you to drive 10mph quicker.

*If there's someone driving right behind me and I'm at the limit elsewhere, I just continue absolutely unaffected. I'm afraid that makes me 100% in the right, and if you're one of those 'big men' then you'll just have to sit stewing.

Just touch the brakes,to make the lights come on.then watch them drop off.Well funny[/QUOT

A friend of mine (female) tried that in the Darnall area, she was being tailgated by a boyracer. As the road was narrow and busy with lots of parked cars and side roads she could not go faster. She was then followed and verbally abused where she feared violence. She has the reg number of the car, pity i cant put it on here.

Sorry but if it’s a dual carriageway and there is space to your left you are 100% in the wrong.

Well, obviously, but you should never be in that situation - it is irrelevant if you're driving properly. If your overtaking on the speed limit though, you'd of course be entitled to be in the right lane (until you had got past the slower vehicle).

Anyway, the point remains.

Archived