Drivers up your back end

Well, obviously, but you should never be in that situation - it is irrelevant if you're driving properly. If your overtaking on the speed limit though, you'd of course be entitled to be in the right lane (until you had got past the slower vehicle).

Anyway, the point remains.

I work twilight shifts and on a number of occasions I have had the frustration of seeing people driving on a empty motorway in the middle lane at 2am, what am I supposed to do ? Undertake them or move from the inside to the outside to pass them ………. Yes I know they are travelling at 70 mph and I should do nothing at all. :roll:

I work twilight shifts and on a number of occasions have had the frustration of seeing people driving on a empty motorway in the middle lane at 2am, what am I supposed to do ? Undertake them or move from the inside to the outside to pass them ………. Yes I know they are travelling a 70 mph and I should do nothing at all. :roll:

I make a huge point of moving across from the inside to the outside lane and back again, a total of 4 lane changes just to pass the ignoramus. 9 times out of 10 this has no effect, but I have occasionally seen the middle lane hogger sheepishly move to the inside lane behind me. I was in a much more frustrating situation the other day on the M1; there was quite a bit of traffic and I was in the outside lane stuck behind someone driving at the exact same speed as the traffic in the middle lane, with no one in front of them for miles. This continued for about 5 miles with me flashing them the whole way, until there was a break in the middle lane which I took advantage of to undertake. The cheeky get then flashed me as I pulled back in front of them. :roll:

. This continued for about 5 miles with me flashing them the whole way, until there was a break in the middle lane which I took advantage of to undertake. The cheeky get then flashed me as I pulled back in front of them. :roll:

Contrary to popular believe I don’t think it’s a “ offence” to undertake if it is done in a “safe” manner.

The Highway Code discourages undertaking on motorways with some exceptions :-

Undertaking in an aggressive or reckless manner could be considered Careless Driving or more seriously Dangerous Driving, both of which are legally enforceable offences

No it's dumb people like you who think the law doesn't apply to them. If you have to speed to get where you're going then you should set off earlier:loopy: Oh. and by the way, there's no such thing as a fast lane - even on a motorway - the middle and outside lanes are overtaking lanes not an excuse to break the speed limit, Morons who do that usually finish up in the morgue and often take law abiding drivers with them, it's not big and it's not clever.

if you are doing the speed limit in the outer lane its extremely unlikely you are overtaking anyone though...

Hi

We is assuming that the OP is chatting about single lane carriage ways.

at one time wound us up as well, before that we used to sit behind people and hoping they'd move as we drove fast. Now were are always within or lower than the speed limit in built up areas, fact

FREE TIP: If you is driving on a single carriageway at the max limit or slower as conditions do not allow to travel faster safely, ffs, concentrate on your driving rather than eye up the person behind you. When tis safe to do so, pull over and let the fool by.

On motorways, we often cruise at 90mph and sometimes a bit quicker and all subject to conditions permitting. However, if we see a boy racer., we is moving out of the way pretty dam quicky, fact. We we overspeed, yes, we have one eye on the rear view mirror, one eye on the front view, the 'traffic assitant' blocks police radar and 'road angle' alerts us to speed cam locations.

We do not advocate speeding but motor speeds cam into play over 50 yrs ago when a few cars could mange 70 and those that did took 2 mins to get to seventy and took up 5005 longer to stop, hence the eixiting speed limits on the m-way are out dated

If you is disagreeing with us, don't bother

Hi

We is assuming that the OP is chatting about single lane carriage ways.

at one time wound us up as well, before that we used to sit behind people and hoping they'd move as we drove fast. Now were are always within or lower than the speed limit in built up areas, fact

FREE TIP: If you is driving on a single carriageway at the max limit or slower as conditions do not allow to travel faster safely, ffs, concentrate on your driving rather than eye up the person behind you. When tis safe to do so, pull over and let the fool by.

On motorways, we often cruise at 90mph and sometimes a bit quicker and all subject to conditions permitting. However, if we see a boy racer., we is moving out of the way pretty dam quicky, fact. We we overspeed, yes, we have one eye on the rear view mirror, one eye on the front view, the 'traffic assitant' blocks police radar and 'road angle' alerts us to speed cam locations.

We do not advocate speeding but motor speeds cam into play over 50 yrs ago when a few cars could mange 70 and those that did took 2 mins to get to seventy and took up 5005 longer to stop, hence the eixiting speed limits on the m-way are out dated

If you is disagreeing with us, don't bother

I agree.:)

Hmm, several people have assumed that the OP is talking about a single lane road also.... What makes them think that is the case? Tricky one isn't it.

The OP described the situation of someone tailgating him. Single lane would be the obvious conclusion, rather than multi lane with the OP in he wrong one.

Archived