Drivers up your back end

I make a huge point of moving across from the inside to the outside lane and back again, a total of 4 lane changes just to pass the ignoramus.

You should not. If traffic in your own lane is moving faster than traffic in an adjoining lane, just stay in it.

It is changing lanes to your left in order to overtake, which is banned by the Highway Code.

As for being tailgating, the technically correct response is to slow down, since a car driving that close to your back axle represents an imminent threat.

The threat is being hit in the back axle if you slow down. Speed up and remove yourself from danger is the correct response.

The faster you're travelling, the worse a collision will be. Slowing down is the recommended course of action. Not, obviously, slamming on the brakes, which will cause a collision.

You should not. If traffic in your own lane is moving faster than traffic in an adjoining lane, just stay in it.

In traffic that's exactly what I do, but I was responding to malky's post and referring to the middle of the night when there's no other traffic on the motorway and yet some tool sitting in the middle lane. In which case their obvious lack of driving skills makes me wary of undertaking them, fully aware they could change lanes without indicating, so I play it safe and make an example at the same time.

The faster you're travelling, the worse a collision will be. Slowing down is the recommended course of action. Not, obviously, slamming on the brakes, which will cause a collision.

Only bad drivers collide, I am the most accomplished driver here and have driven and owned the Worlds fastest cars so please don't try and teach Grandma to suck eggs young fella.:)

Archived