Living With HIV

But the drunkard might be your dad, and the brain tumor sufferer a complete stranger, how do you decide who gets your sympathy, it's much easier to just give it to everyone.
No not really, it's still quite easy to give it only to those who deserve it.

If your father or mine needed a liver after decades of alcohol,abuse, would we want them to receive that liver as a priority above a young victim of a traumatic incident, for example?

I wouldn't, and nor would he.

Thanks for having the courage to talk about your awful experiences lifegoeson, I'd never considered the issue of male rape or HIV before and your courage and fortitude through this awful crime and it's result have definately made me a lot more aware.

Hope the ******** who did it will get caught eventually and they throw away the key.

But alcoholism is an illness in itself and cirrosis of the liver is a consequence of that illness.
No, alcoholism has been labelled an 'illness' by the professional excuse-makers, but it's just a self-imposed condition.

The 'illness' was dreamed up to satisfy the current trend for nobody to be responsible for their own stupidity.

No, alcoholism has been labelled an 'illness' by the professional excuse-makers, but it's just a self-imposed condition.

The 'illness' was dreamed up to satisfy the current trend for nobody to be responsible for their own stupidity.

Utter nonsense I'm afraid. Alcoholism very definitely is an illness and there's a large body of scientific evidence to support that.

You clearly choose to use your own ill informed prejudice to arrive at your opinion, rather than science, so it doesn't really cut any ice.

Besides, what makes you think there's any useful comparison to be made between the two?

And I suppose in your world depression is all in the mind too.

Anyway I digress from the fact that you seem to be hijacking the thread of a very brave man, lifegoeson.

crimewatch tonight just shows Rape can be reported years after, I just not sure if im'e ready or ever will be..

then theres that policewoman on corrie ide hate to get someone like her.

Do it mate. Bring the ******** to justice. Your original post really moved me so if you need help dealing with the police or any other assistance to get an investigation underway then I'm happy to help in any way i can. My contact details are on my website which is linked in my sig.

Cheers

Andy.

Drinking til your liver goes dead is no an illness, It's just plain selfish.

Back to topic, I almost had a tear in my ey reading that and I don't cry for anything. I hope you get the justice you deserve.

On another note though I imagine there are a lot more male on male rapes than any one is aware of, Mainly because no one reports them, I haven't read any books or seen them for sale, any Tv programs about any male individual being raped etc. I honestly think if you brought a book out you would find a seller for it very very quickly. This life changing incident could some how hopefully bring you financial success.

Archived