Would you ever switch suppliers with a door-to-door saleman?

If you've ever been tempted to switch energy suppliers due to pressure from a door to door saleman, have a read of this confession from someone who used to be one.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/utilities/2011/09/guest-comment-my-tale-of-energy-doorstep-selling-shame

I know most of us are smart enough to know what conmen they are, but they do prey on the elderly and vulnerable so if you have such a friend or relative, you might want to send them the link above.

I'm curious though whether anyone has had a good experience with a door to door saleman? Surely soneone must have if the energy companies think it worth employing them.

Never.

If their company is so competitive and value for money they can leave me their literature so I can go online, check their tariffs and compare them to other companies etc

Strangely everyone selling door to door seem to forget their literature, or don't have any. Apparently the deal they offer is only valid that minute, on that doorstep. If their deal was that good they'd be happy to supply me with all the information in order to allow me to make an informed decision.

Hi

We could not give a flying f re these people. normally we get no one coming around without phone call and our son who lives in westminister has a key as well as our daughter who lives in Kensington. We also have a small, high resoltion cctv that alearts us when someone wlaks up the drive or path, - we've yet to open a door to any cold caller, fact

Archived