Safe sex, but when in a relationship does it end?

If I know women, probability says that most would be insulted or humiliated by a guy asking them to produce a certificate?

Clearly you don't.

Anyone who has ever had sex with anyone - even just one other person - (including manual, oral and penetrative sex) is at risk from STIs. If you don't choose to get yourself checked out, then having sex is a risk.

If I know women, probability says that most would be insulted or humiliated by a guy asking them to produce a certificate?

Not if it's a joint thing - if you're both getting tested at the same time there's no suggestion that one's affected and there other isn't.

Two people meet, get to know each other, go all the way, wisely with condoms etc.

But, for those who would/do from the off, at what point in a relationship would you not use protection in order to enjoy a fully gratifying sex life?

Asking for a medical certificate could offend your other half's feelings?

Good question.

Personally it would be when it was a "safe time"

Theres nothing wrong with asking your partner about there sexual past and for you both to go for test to prove that its safe.

EDIT

If you do decide not to use anything always be prepared that accidents happen but thats what you get by not using contraception - nothing wrong with going from a condom to the pill once you know its safe to do so

Clearly you don't.

Anyone who has ever had sex with anyone - even just one other person - (including manual, oral and penetrative sex) is at risk from STIs. If you don't choose to get yourself checked out, then having sex is a risk.

Different generation, different attitudes. And I wasn't stating that people don't catch diseases.

Besides, according to the health and behavioural reports of young people on holiday, or in society at weekends, I wasn't far wrong.

All these judgements about how many people you sleep with.

The scenario is, when you sleep with someone without a condom, unless you've been checked out, you sleep with all the other people they've slept with too.

So, you may be a virgin(ha!), and your partner may have only slept with one other person (not that I'm judging anyone!) but that person may have been with a whole load of people so it's not about your personal amount, but it is about your personal safety.

Archived