Why not allow people to grow their own cannabis for a small fee?

That's a very weak argument, do home-brewers of beer have booze-wars? Do crop farmers duel to the death? Do bakeries burn each other's shops down?

NO

What makes you think any of this would happen with cannabis?

Simple,because while you are pushing to allow someone to grow plants there is no other market available ,beer is available widely so obviously is bread and farming crops so their is no need and no profit in a home grower trying to sell home grown,the opposite would be true with cannabis.

Remember prohibition in the States when alcohol was banned and its affects.

Does anyone more "in the know" about politics than me see any chance in the future where misconceptions and ignorance will be put aside and cannabis be legalised?

I believe that the main reason it's still illegal is that most parties would be too scared to be "the government that legalised cannabis"

Simple,because while you are pushing to allow someone to grow plants there is no other market available ,beer is available widely so obviously is bread and farming crops so their is no need and no profit in a home grower trying to sell home grown,the opposite would be true with cannabis.

If cannabis was legalised for home growing, what would legally stop big businesses from producing it?

Cannabis IS banned, that is what causes the problems, just like when alcohol was banned. Thanks for making that point.

If cannabis was legalised for home growing, what would legally stop big businesses from producing it?

You have just answered the question,thats never going to happen so the thread is pointless to a degree.I gave my opinion on the present laws concerning drugs and the manufacture of them and I doubt that those laws concerning cannabis will ever be relaxed again,not in the near future anyway

Also...

If it's legal for everyone and anyone to grow their own, the demand for BUYING It would be greatly reduced. The majority of long term smokers would grow their own, with no risks or worries.

Cannabis IS banned, that is what causes the problems, just like when alcohol was banned. Thanks for making that point.

The fact that cannabis is readily available on all counts will ensure it will stay banned ,the powers that be are unable to close the doors and if it was legalised the users would find that duty would be heavily levied on the product therefore opening the black market up possibly wider because the powers that be cant shut the doors .....back to square one

You have just answered the question,thats never going to happen so the thread is pointless to a degree.I gave my opinion on the present laws concerning drugs and the manufacture of them and I doubt that those laws concerning cannabis will ever be relaxed again,not in the near future anyway

Actually it was just an opinion on the current situation, not an answer to my own question. How do you know it's never going to happen? Could you also tell me the lottery numbers for next weekend please?

The problem being with growing is that the human animal is consumed these days by greed,he will grow a bit and then spot a market for the stuff this will escalate and before you know it drug wars,but this time legally backed.

What's the market if everyone is free to grow it?

Do you see lettuce wars, after all anyone is free to grow them...

Actually it was just an opinion on the current situation, not an answer to my own question. How do you know it's never going to happen? Could you also tell me the lottery numbers for next weekend please?

I said its never going to happen in the near future ..as for your lottery numbers thats not a problem perm any 6 from 49...simples ...you win

Archived