Why not allow people to grow their own cannabis for a small fee?

So you won't answer. Not unexpected really.

I'll try again.

Do you think drug users who claim to care about crimes caused by drugs being illegal should stop using until their daft habit is legalised.

That would depend on what they use and where it comes from surely...

Why do you continue to use phrases like "their daft habit". Do you think coffee drinkers, smokers and people who have a pint are all daft? Or is it that you're still obsessed with the legality without actually considering the bigger picture?

Rubbish. Loads of people, mostly kids, steal to buy weed.

Most of the crimes are in the supply chain, not the idiot users.

Well which is it, do kids steal to buy weed, or do they commit crime in the supply chain that starts in their loft?

You really need to get a clue.

Said the pot.

Thankfully Britain now produces as much or more cannabis than it consumes, a lot through what the judge calls "cannabis allotments" or a "cottage industry". Very little is imported nowadays, and tends to be of premium quality in small amounts (rather than 60 ton shipments of rocky black).

User numbers are on the rise again, after the dip in numbers that coincided with it being downgraded to class C a few years ago.

Of course the Bali bombers were able to use cannabis to raise funds because I would imagine the rewards are comparitively high. This is a function of its illegality - in Indonesia it would cost very little money to make cannabis by growing it in the abundant sunshine and moisture that they love, if it wasn't illegal. Of course it is illegal, and thus the price is pushed up to reflect the risk and subterfuge now associated with the activity of growing a plant that springs up like a weed all by itself over the globe. Making it free money for terrorists (or anyone who fancies their chances against the strong arm of the law).

Which activities are illegal from this list

Planting cannabis

cultivating cannabis

picking cannabis

possessing cannabis

Just wondering if anyone has ever arranged a mass 'plant' of seeds throughout public areas and then just left them to it.

I can't believe this; you must be on weed.

About 10 years or so ago the Taliban were kicked out of their place by Yanks with big bombers.

They had banned drug production while they were running the country but now tax farmers to fund their weapons buying.

Production of cannabis and opium is expanding in areas controlled by them.

In buying the stuff, you could well be funding that or other crimes.

How about the links between weed growers in Thailand and enforced prostitution.

How about the links to Islamic militants (The Bali bombers' mates) and weed farms?

Didn't know? - Drug users should find out the real cost of their stupidity.

I consider drug buyers to be partially responsible for all crimes in the supply chain.

That's rape and murder in just three producers. Don't you think you should stop until it's legal?

If that were true, then the more cannabis produced in English home grows, the better- none of the above benefit from home grown weed.

Which activities are illegal from this list

Planting cannabis

cultivating cannabis

picking cannabis

possessing cannabis

Just wondering if anyone has ever arranged a mass 'plant' of seeds throughout public areas and then just left them to it.

They all are, unless you have a license from the homeoffice.

Possessing seeds is legal for educational purposes, suppose your walking through the peak district and you accidentally drop them and are unable to find them. That's just bad luck.

So you won't answer. Not unexpected really.

I'll try again.

Do you think drug users who claim to care about crimes caused by drugs being illegal should stop using until their daft habit is legalised.

No, absolutely not. The point is to stop the cause, which is the fact that the drugs are illegal.

They all are, unless you have a license from the homeoffice.

Possessing seeds is legal for educational purposes, suppose your walking through the peak district and you accidentally drop them and are unable to find them. That's just bad luck.

There's an apocryphal story about a NZ bust, a massive seedy outdoor grow was uncovered and in an effort to provide newsworthy pictures they decided to cart the crop off for incineration. Using a helicopter

Now the whole region is carpeted with gourmet cannabis plants.

Of course you often see inadvertently grown cannabis plants around the place, especially below bird feeders, on riverbanks etc. But these won't be any good to cannabis users.

The Danes have some promising northern latitude friendly phenotypes like Leb27 that will actually finish flowering under daylight by the time the of the first frosts. But even those need a start under lights and hardening off in late spring.

But the whole flowering cycle can be completed under daylight using a greenhouse or cold frame with suitable frost protection. It would take some time to breed a variety that would best flourish under these conditions, but experts predict that such a strain is just around the corner.

I've seen cannabis plants growing in the Peak District, however these plants are not simply dropped seeds, but whole plants that have been relocated and then regularly visited, watered and tended throughout the growing season.

After 10,000 years it's made a pretty good job of domesticating humans.

I'm willing to bet that it is minute when compared to the money that regulated alcohol makes. I've never drunk any bootlegged hooch my entire life.

Christ this really is hard work,its nothing to do with homemade hooch its the criminal side re illegal import into this country

Christ this really is hard work,its nothing to do with homemade hooch its the criminal side re illegal import into this country

We're all working together to stamp out imported cannabis. :thumbsup:

In spite of what the judges say at the top of thread, it's a good side of a bad situation.

Archived