Why not allow people to grow their own cannabis for a small fee?

Of course there are a few people who suffer side effects from its use but this is minor in comparison to alcohol....

This is the main point that anti-cannabis people seem totally blinkered to, alcohol is probably the most widespread life-ruining drug in Britain, yet nobody bats an eyelid at the problems associated with it.

Anyone who has witnessed first hand the destructive effects of long term alcohol abuse/addiction will know the extent of the horror.

From family experience I can tell you it destroys your organs and can cause mental illness, along with all the social problems it brings, alienating yourself from family and friends.

I think most people think of street bums/wino's when the word alcoholic is mentioned but I'm pretty sure there are a great deal of people who appear to be successful in business etc, working during the day and hitting the bottle at night.

These are the ones that don't realise they're alcoholic, until you hide the booze and they get aggressive.

This is the main point that anti-cannabis people seem totally blinkered to, alcohol is probably the most widespread life-ruining drug in Britain, yet nobody bats an eyelid at the problems associated with it.

Anyone who has witnessed first hand the destructive effects of long term alcohol abuse/addiction will know the extent of the horror.

From family experience I can tell you it destroys your organs and can cause mental illness, along with all the social problems it brings, alienating yourself from family and friends.

I think most people think of street bums/wino's when the word alcoholic is mentioned but I'm pretty sure there are a great deal of people who appear to be successful in business etc, working during the day and hitting the bottle at night.

These are the ones that don't realise they're alcoholic, until you hide the booze and they get aggressive.

Its strange, and a mystery to me why some see weed as an evil drug. Of course there are some who smoke too much and young people should not be encouraged but the negative, government inspired publicity is laughable really. Its a wonder herb and of great benefit to many people.

I reckon if the government could make money out of it it would have been legalised a long time ago...

Its strange, and a mystery to me why some see weed as an evil drug. Of course there are some who smoke too much and young people should not be encouraged but the negative, government inspired publicity is laughable really. Its a wonder herb and of great benefit to many people.

I reckon if the government could make money out of it it would have been legalised a long time ago...

The government could make a mint out of it Frank, but they've not the balls to do so - there are still many folk who hold bizarre and confused views like Upinwath around. It would be political suicide.

A word of warning though Frank - the BNP would want to flog you and give you twenty five years in solitary if they caught you with a spliff.

Ahh the two wrongs amke a right lobby.

The government could make a mint out of it Frank, but they've not the balls to do so - there are still many folk who hold bizarre and confused views like Upinwath around. It would be political suicide.

A word of warning though Frank - the BNP would want to flog you and give you twenty five years in solitary if they caught you with a spliff.

Not true however get caught selling it and you would be for a short drop off a high ledge.

Just weed Frank?

Not true however get caught selling it and you would be for a short drop off a high ledge.

Topm marks for Judge Goldsachs (Sheffield crown court) who jailed a grower and said he would do the same to anyone else brought before him found guilty of the same crime.

Archived