Why not allow people to grow their own cannabis for a small fee?

Yeh we've seen pictures chimps have painted being hailed as works of art.:loopy:

Hailed by whom, and just as "art", or "great art"?

Or did you just make that one up as I suspect - not that chimps have the slightest bearing on the discussion at hand, unless you want to know how they use medicinal plants too?

Or maybe you are inferring that because chimps can daub paint on canvas, they are somehow also capable of inventing Quantum Electrodynamics, discovering the true structure of DNA, winning 11 Grammys awards, creating a branded venture capital conglomerate worth £5 billion, inventing modern pop music or even winning 16 gold medals in athletic competition?

To be fair, I think that's unlikely.

Potheads on the other hand, people who have enjoyed cannabis and LSD have done all of these things.

I'm not saying the drugs enabled them to do these things (although they probably did in at least one case), but it certainly did not inhibit them.

^^^Drat, beaten...

Some of the finest music ever made was written and recorded by artists that were under the influence of marijuana.

John Coltrane

Miles Davis

The Beatles

The Rolling Stones

Jimi Hendrix

The Doors

Bob Marley

Lee Scratch Perry

Johnny Cash

David Bowie

Pink Floyd

and many, many more.

There's a good reason that you won't find Cliff Richard in my collection.

Thankfully, whatever the prospect of a change in legislation relating to cannabis, not that long ago only 1 in 6 people would support legalisation in some form. Today it's more like 1 in 2 people, fifty percent in other words.

There's a poll running on the forum, suggesting half do support legalisation, but the other half support the execution of a cannabis user. Quite frankly I think one half of those need it prescribing on the NHS, and the other half could carry on as they are now, and smoke it if they so wish :hihi:

^^^Drat, beaten...

Some of the finest music ever made was written and recorded by artists that were under the influence of marijuana.

John Coltrane

Miles Davis

The Beatles

The Rolling Stones

Jimi Hendrix

The Doors

Bob Marley

Lee Scratch Perry

Johnny Cash

David Bowie

Pink Floyd

and many, many more.

There's a good reason that you won't find Cliff Richard in my collection.

You got to get this part correct. They did not drug themselves to write better music for themselves. They drugged themselves to escape from the horror of society and in order to write music which they hope others can understand and therefore fight and kill each other less. So drugs were a form of escapism, and then possibly turn into dependencies. There is a difference.

Archived