Why not allow people to grow their own cannabis for a small fee?

Who said anyting about Immoral? once again you tricks to impkly something else was posted.:suspect:

You did. I asked you -

What did you think of the back massage analogy - you don't need one, but it feels nice?

Do you find something inherently wrong in people actually enjoying themselves?

And you replied -

Of course not if its legal and moral, I've been shooting tonight on a minstery approved range, it would be wrong if I enjoyed shooting people, I'm going out again now to jam a musicians session. Neither of them require getting on a high before I go.

haven't you got any other intetrests besides nitpicking and carping that don't require taking something before you go.

That suggests to me that you consider there's some kind of moral component involved in using cannabis.

I don't understand this comment at all.

We don't accept drink driving as a society and we try to stop it. Why would you think that drug driving would be different?

Adding another danger would be different, most of the people on the music scene I frequent who smoke caanabis also drink alcohol at the same time.

How good is that?

So two wrongs make a right?:loopy:

You're not actually making any sense there Bass - what do you actually mean?

I think the point that was made was that it's considered my most right thinking people to be a bad idea to drive whilst stoned or to look after small children while stoned, just as most right thinking people wouldn't do either of those things if they were drunk.

Is there a problem with that?

Adding another danger would be different, most of the people on the music scene I frequent who smoke caanabis also drink alcohol at the same time.

How good is that?

It's good for them if they enjoy it not very good if they drive whilst they're under the influence. Do they?

I'm intrigued by last two lines. There appears to an implication there that 'escapism' is a bad thing - or do I read you incorrectly?
Esacpe from driving properly, working with dangerous machinery, driving a car properly, flying a passenger plane properly looking after a baby/child etc etc etc?

I hope that if the law is eased it is your friends and family and not mine on a plane that crashes due to the pilot being high (well he would be in both senses for a while).

Archived