Why not allow people to grow their own cannabis for a small fee?

I've no axe to grind either way with this but would it make the roads safer to have another group of "intoxicated" people driving on them?

They're already there - and liable to be prosecuted if they drive while stoned.

Changing the law so that cannabis is a legal substance won't alter the fact that it would be illegal to drive stoned.

As I said in a previous post it would be poetic justice with you no doubt then wanting the law changing again if it happened to you and not someone opposed to the law change.

It wouldn't be any kind of justice. You're just demonstrating how you're rather bitter and a bit sick by wishing injury on others because you've lost all the material points of this argument.

No I didn't I said I hope that if anyone is killed it should be those close to peole who advocated a change in the law to teach them a lesson and not people who get on with there lives and live without having to rely on mind altering substances.

You're also assuming that anyone who thinks it should be legalised uses it or intends to use it. A foolish assumption to make.

You obviously want to put risk on me and my famil;y as well as your own.:suspect:

Legalising drug use reduces the risk to everyone.

Don't you think more people would try it? Genuine question..

The evidence we have suggests that drug use drops when it's legalised. So you'd probably have less people using it over all. I can't say if that would mean less who tried it, but if more tried it then most wouldn't continue with it (based on what evidence we do have).

Don't you think more people would try it? Genuine question..

I think anyone who wants to try it now doesn't have to look too hard to find it, and a shop with a licence is more likely to have standards to whom they are selling than a drug dealer. There isn't one argument for keeping the trade in the hands of criminal gangs. It's madness.

Archived