Why not allow people to grow their own cannabis for a small fee?

You are inventing stuff now. I've simply asked you to compare the number of doped up drivers with the number of drunk ones.

Don't be shy now. Have a guess at the relative proportions.

That has nothing to do with the likes of you wanting to place more danger on the roads, numbers have nothing to do with it, danger is danger, maybe you have an agenda.:suspect:

That has nothing to do with the likes of you wanting to place more danger on the roads, numbers have nothing to do with it, danger is danger, maybe you have an agenda.:suspect:

So, you don't know then.

Why not just say so?

And driving onto pavements and crashing your car in the process.

You've not read the two peer reviewed independent reports that clearly demonstrate that talking on the mobile phone whilst driving (handsfree or not) is equally dangerous to being once over the drink drive limit, whereas cannabis improves the driving of habitual users compared to driving without cannabis, and that driving on "moderate doses" of cannabis did not involve a statistically significant higher risk of accidents.

In unaccustomed users, cannabis tended to make drivers overly cautious and indecisive, which can be dangerous. But the risks and dangers are nothing when compared to driving drunk or talking on the phone.

But since you're unable to change your mind, I won't suggest that you do read them - what would be the point?

Just admit that you don't know the answer.

Then read Phan's interesting post above this one.

Then come back on and post something foaming at the mouth ridiculous.

Hurrah!

So two wrongs make a right:loopy:

And you're happy to put yet another danger on the road,:loopy:

The danger is already there and there are already laws in place against it. There are even IIRC road side test devices which can detect whether the driver has been using cannabis.

So, what's your point?

jb

Does it matter? you're very warped if you think just because more drunks crash their cars than dopey dope users dopey dope users should be legaly allowed ont the road creating yet more danger, wow what logic (or lack of it):loopy:

Except it isn't legal to drive while under the influence of cannabis and nor is anyone suggesting it should be, so again what's your point?

jb

Except it isn't legal to drive while under the influence of cannabis and nor is anyone suggesting it should be, so again what's your point?

jb

I've just realised that the Ogden Nash in your signature quote describes Bassman perfectly!

jb

We went around this loop with him before. He seems to be under the impression that legalising it would mean that doctors, surgeons, drivers and pilots would all be high all the time.

I'm not sure he's really involved in the same discussion as everyone else.

Well, I've heard it all now - claims that cannabis improves driving. Mind you, I've encountered alcoholics who claim similar effects from 'just a few' beers.

Either they're both right, and dimwits like the doctors of the BMA are clueless, or some people's brains must be seriously pickled by years of susbstance abuse.

We went around this loop with him before. He seems to be under the impression that legalising it would mean that doctors, surgeons, drivers and pilots would all be high all the time.

I'm not sure he's really involved in the same discussion as everyone else.

I'm not sure he's even involved in the same reality.

jb

Archived