Why not allow people to grow their own cannabis for a small fee?

One the side effects of long term use.

Twas but a humorous aside, trading on the missapprehension that cannabis destroys memory.

All the research indicates that cannabis inhibits the formation of short term working memory when individuals are under the influence. With heavy users this tends to be all the time of course.

But long-term memory doesn't seem to be affected. Obviously alcohol is much worse for memory. And when people don't remember what actually happened while they were drinking, they have suffered physical brain damage rather than any inhibition of neural activity responsible for retaining immediate memory.

The stoner who forgets where he put the lighter (he is holding it in his hand) is, on the other hand, trading temporary impairment of short term memory for the neuroprotective effects of cannabis resins.

As pointed out in Journal of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics in 2005:

cannabinoids are, in fact, neuroprotective, particularly against alcohol-induced brain damage. In a recent preclinical study — the irony of which is obvious to anyone who reads it — researchers at the US National Institutes of Mental Health (NIMH) reported that the administration of the non-psychoactive cannabinoid cannabidiol (CBD) reduced ethanol-induced cell death in the brain by up to 60 percent. "This study provides the first demonstration of CBD as an in vivo neuroprotectant ... in preventing binge ethanol-induced brain injury," the study's authors wrote

When you look as good as i do, who needs good grammar.:hihi:

;)

Ill never be like that me is one ugger lee fella

Twas but a humorous aside [...] As pointed out in Journal of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics in 2005:

I get a sense that you laid a little trap for someone to take so you could whack em with a Journal of Pharmacology. ;)

Twas but a humorous aside, trading on the missapprehension that cannabis destroys memory.

All the research indicates that cannabis inhibits the formation of short term working memory when individuals are under the influence. With heavy users this tends to be all the time of course.

But long-term memory doesn't seem to be affected. Obviously alcohol is much worse for memory. And when people don't remember what actually happened while they were drinking, they have suffered physical brain damage rather than any inhibition of neural activity responsible for retaining immediate memory.

The stoner who forgets where he put the lighter (he is holding it in his hand) is, on the other hand, trading temporary impairment of short term memory for the neuroprotective effects of cannabis resins.

As pointed out in Journal of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics in 2005:

I'll look at all that later.Its a bit too much for my brain to absorb at the moment,my prescribed! night sedation is taking a bit longer to wear off today.:(

I don't doubt that alcohol may be worse for memory,depending on how much is consumed over a period of time. I'm not sure about much worse though?

I have found that when ever i have read anything about the effect of cannibis on the brain depending on where the information and research are from,i do seem to be getting facts that contradict each other.

They should sell weed at the chemist and you should be able to smoke it in your own home. Think of the money they would get, it would also take out most of the small time wannabe gangster dealers who give shady deals. Think what the police would do with the extra time they have to spend on more serious crime.

They should sell weed at the chemist and you should be able to smoke it in your own home. Think of the money they would get, it would also take out most of the small time wannabe gangster dealers who give shady deals. Think what the police would do with the extra time they have to spend on more serious crime.

I think the two main political parties have thought about that and decided it isn't a good idea.You will have to wait and see how much influence Nick Clegg has.

Archived