Why not allow people to grow their own cannabis for a small fee?

http://www.rcpsych.ac.uk/mentalhealthinfo/problems/alcoholanddrugs/cannabis.aspx

Just a quick search on google and you can find plenty more.

A family member of mine started with 'just a couple of casual joints'.

After he had a bad time following redundancy he became more and more dependant. The doctors confirmed this contributed to his clinical depression which developed to become regular spells in and out of nether edge for treatment for his paraniod and schizophrenic episodes.

THIS IS WHY IT SHOULD ALWAYS REMAIN ILLEGAL.

Alcohol could have been his drug of choice and he could have destroyed his liver. He could have drunk enough di hydrogen oxide to suck the salts out of his body and die. So should alcohol and water be made illegal as well?

The law is not your parent, it isn't supposed to make your choices for you. People should have the right to choose for themselves, even when that choice could (potentially) hurt them.

Only if you try to hide facts.

The fact is, it's expensive to grow because of the heating and lighting costs.

Where do you think weed smoking chumps will get the cash to pay their electricity bill and equipment costs from?

Drrrr

Let's get back on with it. A load of people use cocaine and even worse drugs.

Do we legalise hem as well because idiots can't cope with real life?

It's expensive to grow in an intensive way (although cheaper than buying it on the street I'd think). It will actually grow for free in a green house though. So if the legal status changed then growing it outdoors would be possible and the cost would be negligible.

I see no one answered my question.

I happen to know it's because drug users are ruddy idiots that really don't give a flying rats about the crime; just use it as a weak excuse for legalising their stupidity.

However, because I'm a nice chap, I'll give the weak minded cretins another chance to answer. :)

I didn't answer it because alcohol and caffeine are my drugs of choice and you were trying to be clever by implying that anyone who supports legalisation is a current user.

I probably wouldn't use it even if it were legalised.

I am however able to see that prohibition has failed and that liberal values mean that people should be free to do what they choose with their own bodies.

You however can't see beyond the problems that prohibition has created, and keep using those same problems as the reason to continue prohibition.

Didn't Einstein say something like "to continue to repeat the same action and expect a different result is the very definition of insanity". Are you insane?

^

Nice cop out.

So you support making the stuff legal. Do you support abstention until it is so the crime will stop?

I don't no. Why should I? It's a victimless crime and if the authorities want to make criminals out of people who think alternatively then so be it.

You never answered the questions put to yourself.

How was it a cop out? And didn't it turn out that you hadn't actually posted it at all?

I support legalising most drugs.

I can see why people would ignore the law at the moment, so long as they're prepared for the consequences if they get caught then that's up to them. I've known quite a few people who use cannabis, none of them had to steal to support it and they've all got jobs and are highly educated.

^

Nice cop out.

So you support making the stuff legal. Do you support abstention until it is so the crime will stop?

I dont use drugs and very rarely drink but I believe cannabis should be legalised, even if its just for medicinal purposes. To expect people who use it to manage the pain, to abstain until its legalised is inhumane.

Maybe you need to educate yourself properly about the potential benefits of legalising Marijuana. :)

Archived