Are you very 'Yorkshire'?

I don't think I am, despite loving living in Yorkshire (Sheffield) and being born here, with a proud working class background and accent.

Brass band music, flat caps, Yorkshire/black puddings and the Ilkley Moor-by-tat song turn me off, and I much prefer the generally more gentle slopes of the southern English countryside to the 'harsher' Yorkshire/Derbyshire countryside.

Plus, those TV ads by a certain broadband supplier- as well as a plethora of moronic shows and films to this county- are just plain idiotic and embarrasing?

I don't think I am, despite loving living in Yorkshire (Sheffield) and being born here, with a proud working class background and accent.

Brass band music, flat caps, Yorkshire/black puddings and the Ilkley Moor-by-tat song turn me off, and I much prefer the generally more gentle slopes of the southern English countryside to the 'harsher' Yorkshire/Derbyshire countryside.

Plus, those TV ads by a certain broadband supplier- as well as a plethora of moronic shows and films to this county- are just plain idiotic and embarrasing?

Apart from liking my real ale and the rugged hills in Yorkshire, I wouldn't say I am very 'Yorkshire' at all. Although, I am proud to declare my Yorkshire roots.

Archived