Are you very 'Yorkshire'?

How can some one not be proud of gods own county.

Within the borders of the historic county of Yorkshire are areas which are widely considered to be among the greenest in England, due to the vast stretches of unspoiled countryside in the Yorkshire Dales and North York Moors and to the open aspect of some of the major cities. Yorkshire has sometimes been nicknamed God's Own County.

Having been endowed for life with a yorkshire accent, I am considered by one third of the American public to be Irish, a third to be Scottish, some people in Ticonderoga NY think I'm Australian, a waitress in Springfield MA thinks I'm Norwegian, and the rest know I'm English.

Having been endowed for life with a yorkshire accent, I am considered by one third of the American public to be Irish, a third to be Scottish, some people in Ticonderoga NY think I'm Australian, a waitress in Springfield MA thinks I'm Norwegian, and the rest know I'm English.

Nay, dont say youve still got a Yorkshire accent buck ?:suspect:

How can some one not be proud of gods own county.

God is a Jew. :D

I don't take pride in Yorkshire because I'm not from here. On the other hand, I don't take pride in my home country either, because its achievements and successes are not to my credit. I just happen to have been born there.

Similarly, most people who "take pride" in Yorkshire won't have done one single thing towards the county's illustrious record, and have no right to take pride in it.

God is a Jew. :D

I don't take pride in Yorkshire because I'm not from here. On the other hand, I don't take pride in my home country either, because its achievements and successes are not to my credit. I just happen to have been born there.

Similarly, most people who "take pride" in Yorkshire won't have done one single thing towards the county's illustrious record, and have no right to take pride in it.

What utter twaddle, you can be guilty of "not doing one one single thing towards the county's illustrious record," but still be proud of your heritage, I am.

Maybe we are now so diluted by the influx of "foreigners" that some of us are starting to lose our identity, especialy in Cities who bear the brunt of our mass immigration policy during the Liebour tenure of Downing street.

Regards

Angel.

What utter twaddle, you can be guilty of "not doing one one single thing towards the county's illustrious record," but still be proud of your heritage, I am.

Maybe we are now so diluted by the influx of "foreigners" that some of us are starting to lose our identity, especialy in Cities who bear the brunt of our mass immigration policy during the Liebour tenure of Downing street.

Regards

Angel.

Cobblers....

Archived