Are you very 'Yorkshire'?

I speak extremely broad Yorkshire, I'm amazed I don't type it. My dad was from Barnsley and I have a few friends over there, they're accent is almost unintelligible.

I notice my own accent more if I'm in conversation with someone of, let's say, the queens english, because of the way they look at me when I let rip lol, which is usually when I'm really rollin.

I don't think I am, despite loving living in Yorkshire (Sheffield) and being born here, with a proud working class background and accent.

I'm a Yorkshire lad. I was born in the Rotherham area but identify more with Barnsley.

I have a copy of the Yorkshire anthem, eat chips and own a flat 'at.

I teach all my students to greet me with, "Ey up mucka".

• 1 month later...

I dislike Yorkshire everything - Black/Yorkshire puddings, hilly countryside, Ilkley Moor songs, Plusnet adverts (that never mention Sheffield), flat caps, whippets, pigeons, BRASS BANDS.

"Good, honest Yorkshire"? No way, there's plenty of dishonest, two-faced gits in Yorkshire, as with every other county.

I'm a Yorkshire lad. I was born in the Rotherham area but identify more with Barnsley.

I have a copy of the Yorkshire anthem, eat chips and own a flat 'at.

I teach all my students to greet me with, "Ey up mucka".

A few years ago i tried to order a round of drinks in the "king mark of cornwall" newquey, after asking three times and getting a blank look the barmaid said to my girlfriend "is he foreign" my girlfriend replied "yes love he's from sheffield".

Archived