Its About Time People Stopped Blocking Disabled Parking!!

Just lately I,ve had to keep an eye on and help my wife with mobility,she has osteoarthiritis ,brittle bones and has had two replacement hips.So she is not too nippy on her feet anymore,the thing I have noticed is selfish people with nothing wrong with them parking in disabled bays,they always seem the same type,chavs scruffy obese looking who will do what they like no matter what.No one does anything about it Meadowhall being the exception its about time someone stopped them clamp em or something!!:rant::suspect:

Clamping is about to become illegal - as it already is in Scotland.

First of all let me say I totally agree with you - I used to take my mother shopping and there were always people parked in disabled spaces who shouldn't have been there. I challenged one person who told me "Well there was no disabled person using it!"

BUT - such markings have no legality in law - on private property. Sorry to have to tell you this. They do have legality on public roads of course - an entirely different kettle of fish.

Just lately I,ve had to keep an eye on and help my wife with mobility,she has osteoarthiritis ,brittle bones and has had two replacement hips.So she is not too nippy on her feet anymore,the thing I have noticed is selfish people with nothing wrong with them parking in disabled bays,they always seem the same type,chavs scruffy obese looking who will do what they like no matter what.No one does anything about it Meadowhall being the exception its about time someone stopped them clamp em or something!!:rant::suspect:

I always see big, expensive cars in them - and people in suits who are too busy and important to care. (this isn't a dig at ALL people in big expensive cars who wear suits, just the ones in the bays)

I agree that it's selfish in the extreme for people to park in the disabled bays when they have no problems, but just because you think that people have nothing wrong with them, it doesn't mean that they don't their own disability problems. Obviously no one should park in the bays without their blue badge.

I agree that it's selfish in the extreme for people to park in the disabled bays when they have no problems, but just because you think that people have nothing wrong with them, it doesn't mean that they don't their own disability problems.

They should display their blue badges, then.

many shopping centres do not state blue badge holders only . they only state disabled parking. I have also found most of the problem is with people with big cars who like the extra space This can mean that a disabled person cannot park and has to either wait around until someone moves or give up and go home.

surely the large places like meadowhall and crystal peaks can enforce this if they want to. also the supermarkets

Archived