Introduce age limit for fast food outlets , sweets, cakes - combat obesity

Would you like to see a ban for anyone under 12 buying sweets, fast food ??  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see a ban for anyone under 12 buying sweets, fast food ??

• Yes, good idea
    • No, stupid idea

Why not protest at the council for allowing the takeaways to open in the first place? How about planning permission that restricts the opening of the kebab/chicken shops to 10% rather than the current 50% of local shopping areas. As for the age limit proposal, I can see a lot of kids in certain area going hungry.

I reckon everyone should have collars that measure how long you spend in the sun. If you exceed your RDA of UV the collar takes control of your legs and marches you back indoors.

Or humans could just be humans - with liberty and freedom to make their own mistakes.

Be very careful, sir, the PC brigade is out there monitoring your every thought, and will strike at the first opportunity.:)

If pubs can refuse to serve people who are too drunk, food outlets should be able to use their discretion to refuse to serve fat people

If I could be a fly on the wall THAT day! :hihi::hihi:

I'd pay money to watch that. OMG. I can only imagine. I have (not recently) seen a drunk or two being refused service and the resulting mouthiness and ejection from the establishment. I imagine this would be similar.

Junk food is a problem, but I see many, many children sucking down what is basically sugar water. When my children were babies and they were off the breast or bottle, the pediatrician advised me to limit their juice consumption and substitute skim milk or plain 'ol water so they wouldn't develop a taste for it. And it worked. Neither one is particularly fond of soda or sweetened drinks.

I cringe when I see a baby or toddler clutching a baby bottle full of sugary crap. Ugh. God, their teeth!

We limit who can by alcohol to people who are over 18 years old, so why not do the same thing for fast food outlets, sweet shops or shops that sell buns, cupcakes and milk shakes?

A law should be passed forthwith that limits who can purchase items such as chocolate from a supermarket, eat food from fast food outlets, and selling items like cup cakes in coffee outlets.

The limit should be say aged 12 years and upwards. How would it work?

Easy, take an outlet such as a coffee shop, instead of being able to buy a bun for your child, you would instead subsitute this bun for an apple. Instead of chocolate milkshake, this would be sustituted for a glass of water.

Shops or retail outlets would be forced to employ someone or a number of people to police the customers, anyone who does not comply or attempts to buy a bun for their child would then be forced to attend a 6 week 'anti obesity' parenting course

Children would then have to spend a day looking at pictures of obese people

The cost would be easily be recouped, if each outlet added £1 to each item sold then this would pay the wages of the staff needed to patrol the premises to watch for people breaking the law. The cost of the course would be re-couped by fining each parent caught buying a bun or a burger, even if it was a nominal charge £50, then £50 x 10 brings in £500 and this would fund the course.

Again, it would be easy to avoid the fines, just don't buy sweets or fast food for your children. As long as they only eat fruit, lentils and other healthy food then everyone is happy.

Would you support an age limit of when people can buy fast food or sweets?

Maybe an easier answer to child obesity would be to take away all their electronic games and telly's and get them to go outside and work their exess fat off by playing footie, rugger, tig, by walking instead of getting parents to run them all over - like we did in the old days. Not as many fatties in the 50's/60's that's a fact.

Regards

Angel.

Archived